What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

Trying to breathe.   Allergies suck.   So do upper respiratory infections. I have both & today was a "code orange" air quality day- meaning high smog & allergens in the air. 

Glad I don't smoke or all of this would probably end up in my lungs.  No thanks.

• Sad 3

I just got done removing 12 full sections of wooden fencing from the back yard and cleaned up a huge pile of shingles off the lawn (lost 1/2 my roof shingles right down to the bare wood). We had a big wind storm today and the damage in the area is something I have never seen before! I would say 85% of homes have some degree of damage. Guess what I'm doing this weekend?!!

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Lust4Life said:

Trying to breathe.   Allergies suck.   So do upper respiratory infections. I have both & today was a "code orange" air quality day- meaning high smog & allergens in the air. 

Glad I don't smoke or all of this would probably end up in my lungs.  No thanks.

OK... now I know I bang on and on about pineapples but seriously they are a natural anti-histamine and can help ease the symptoms of allergies. Fresh pineapple is best but pineapple juice and even tinned pineapple can be helpful. Hope the air improves and your breathing is better.

So despite sruiking the benefits of pineapple for the 10,000th time I am about to take the kid to buy trackie pants for school because she realised yesterday that the shorts wont cut it for winter even if she thought they would..... translation: All her friends wear the trackie pants.

• Like 1

@Sslip you boil bacon?! @Lust4Life I hope you feel better soon. I've had bad breathing problems here too because of the wind :(. @reciprocity too bad we didn't live closer, I know an awesome roofer. He's pretty funny too. But seriously I'm sorry about your roof. @notsmokinjo what are trackie pants? And your winter is starting soon?

Edited by jillar

@reciprocity can we call you Reci the Roofman?? Ok, silly jokes aside, so sorry you had such a bad wind storm, it sounds like it was pretty sever. Things can be fixed but people can't so I hope no one was hurt.

@jillar trackies are tracksuit pants, or I think you guys call them sweat pants. Its winter here next month, normally by now its a bit colder, yesterday was cooldish (18dec C but the wind was blowing in of the southern ocean so it was icy... wind chill made it feel much colder. Schools here have uniforms so on sport day they have to wear their special sport uniform so when I went and bought the uniform for winter she says no jumper, no trackie pants... but there were tears last night because her legs were cold.... So for 93.95 I left the shop with one pair of navy trackie pants and 1 short sleeved white shirt, because they were back in stock and I have been hand washing them.

• Thanks 1

Hi, Barry and Jo. Not usually up this late.

I'm drinking a glass of whisky with one cube,

celebrating the fact that I just finished writing a new piece

(essay ?)  for my writing blog.

It's about some ephemera, old photos...train tickets,  stashed in an envelope that friend  just sent to me.

It's still kinda rough and needs editing and if anyone want to  edit, they are free to give it a go.

I can't look at it anymore.  I lost it once when the site froze.  

This whisky is going to be GOOD.

• Like 3

Hi Sslip.  You did so great last night with Sunny.  That was so cool, I be it made you feel really friggin good.  Like the hero that you are.

Morning ?  evening ? Jo,   from the upside down land ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, barry said:

93.95 sounds a bit pricey...?

Yep... isn't it awesome... and all because the shirt (which is just a thick cotton short sleeve shirt) has the school emblem embroidered on the pocket and the trackies have the emblem on the hip pocket.... OH well I only have to pay for one kid and I could have got out of it with a state school that has cheaper uniforms.

$93.95 monopoly money.. oops I mean Aussie money is about $70.85US or £52.36

@Sazerac... Sunny might edit for you, I think she is a pro at it... I can't even self edit so I'm out. Enjoy ya wiskey.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Hi Sslip.  You did so great last night with Sunny.  That was so cool, I be it made you feel really friggin good.  Like the hero that you are.

Oh if we're playing the blow up @Sslip's ego I'm in cos I bet the silly bugger doesn't even realise how important he is around here. Talked my silly arse off the ledge more than once and just like last night it wasn't an sos he noticed just something I had or hadn't said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, notsmokinjo said:

Oh if we're playing the blow up @Sslip's ego I'm in cos I bet the silly bugger doesn't even realise how important he is around here. Talked my silly arse off the ledge more than once and just like last night it wasn't an sos he noticed just something I had or hadn't said.

I am so glad you both are here.  Sslip is the best,  topper than top shelf.

Is it just a rumour or is he going for Royalty like the fluffy one ?

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

Thank you Sazerac. I'm glad I had the opportunity to help out a fellow quitter, just as so many have helped me over the past few months.

I love the thought and wisdom you put into your posts and in general the group we have here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wiping my eyes cos they just sang the flag song at the A-League final and one of the little kids standing in front of each of the players was belting it out with tears pouring out his eyes frick me I am softy..

So watchin my Victory play Newcastle for the cup... last year we made the final and lost in a kick out.

9 minutes ago, Frezflops said:

Sitting on the deck trying to not have a panic attack...have a presentation to do on Wednesday and hate public speaking it stresses me out

Lisa

All you can do is prepare as best you can, put on some bravado with your make-up  and have at it !

This build-up before is always the worst part.  You'll be great, of course,  you'll be great.

The audience wants You to like Them, that is the dynamic.  They want to be a good audience so, let them be on your side.

All that and deep breaths, you are going to knock em dead.

Don't forget, on Wednesday, we will be in the crowd, wildly cheering you on. 

• Like 5