What are you doing right now

notsmokinjo

11 minutes ago, Sslip said:

Just finished taking my granddaughter swimming and still haven't come up with a plausible answer to 

Why is the swimming pool called fairfield if there's no fair and no field?  

Ok so have you tried... Back in the stone age when I was a kid (that usually makes anything else plausible from there) this used to be a field and on this field they had fair haired cattle and a unicorn looking after them (That's it set in stone with the unicorn by the way) and people would travel from afar to see these unusual and magnificent animals and they would stop the townsfolk to ask where is this Fairfield I seek.. So when all the magnificent fair haired cattle had been eated (well it was the stone age after all) there was just an empty field left.. So many years forward the council decided to put a swimming pool on that field and call it Fairfield once again as many people with fair hair swim there...

No need to thank me .. your welcome :12_slight_smile:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sslip said:

Why is the swimming pool called fairfield if there's no fair and no field?  

Still trying to explain to the Kid why we have a pool named after a prime minister the drowned. (Harold Holt).... Maybe Fluffy can answer that one too?

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Still trying to explain to the Kid why we have a pool named after a prime minister the drowned. (Harold Holt).... Maybe Fluffy can answer that one too?

Well ya see back in the stone age when I was a kid there was a unicorn and a wee boy called Harold Holt ... ... ... Nope that's all I've got....!!:3_grin:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Martian5 said:

Twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the tourney selection show and sitting here reading these (sometimes) weird posts.  

I'm waiting for the tourney selection show too...

...and reading weird posts here as well

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

So 2 of ya are Watchin a basketball comp draw to see who's playing who an one of ya is Watchin baseball.... But who's got the best nibbles (snacks)??

Barbecue ribs, pork and beans, macaroni salad and cornbread LOL 

• Like 4

Pepperoni and Sausage pizza from a really good local joint (La Roma's pizza) and a couple of Bud Lights.  The pizza is good but I think Octain won this round.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 4

Whisper beats Johnny5  but only cos Johnny had pizza.. That sh1ts gross...

Well I have the choice of 6 nations rugby (union)... Which is a special comp that excludes the wallabies, all blacks an the springbok so that the Europeans have a chance to winning a tourney.. Basically a special comp the POM's thought up so they could feel like winners. Or I have the World Sevens Series or freakin day 5 at Indian wells... :( might head down to Bells for the arvo.

• Like 1