Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Who wants a peppermint candy?  Seriously, help yourself.

One of the guys at work brought his daughter in a few weeks ago and she was selling decorative Christmas tins filled with individually wrapped candies to raise money for her pre-school.  David knew none of us would say no to a cute little girl, so we all ended up buying a tin.

The Christmas tins were delivered today and none of knew how big these things were.  We've got way more candy than we know what to do with.  Cole was doing circus tricks earlier, throwing the candy way up in the air and trying to catch it in his mouth.  Stumpy was looking for over/under bets on how many candies he could get in his mouth at one time.  This crew has managed to turn Christmas candy into a workplace hazard.

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jillar said:

Wondering why people say "needless to say" but then say it anyway......🤔

Is it just me or do people use the word "literally" a lot more than they used to?

I overheard a waitress at a restaurant telling one of her co-workers "I literally died."  Perhaps the word is just overused at this point.  Or, that restaurant was haunted.

The former is more likely.  The latter makes for a better story...needless to say.

• Haha 2

@Boo keep a stash in ya pocket and hand out to randoms you pass with a Merry Christmas. 

Bloke at works kids kinder was selling socks as a fundraiser.... bustard hit my desk first...half the box was gone just at me, but I don't have a fetish I promise... speaking of, why do blokes have better socks than shielas?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Boo keep a stash in ya pocket and hand out to randoms you pass with a Merry Christmas. 

Sugar Britches has been making up Christmas treat bags.  Fudge balls, brownies, pecan cookies, and a heaping helping of peppermint candies.

Speaking of the better-half and Christmas treats, tonight she made peppermint cheesecake bites.  If she keeps at it, I'm gonna be fat as a bear by New Year's Eve.

hungry fat bastard GIF

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who wants to know what the newest "in" word/phrase is needs only to watch a few programs on HGTV. For instance everything that USED to be "stunning" is NOW a "show stopper". And what USED to be " a moment" is NOW a "game changer".And there is no longer a master bedroom its now a primary suite.......

Your welcome 😂

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, weather around the world has been pretty crazy this year so far. We've had more twisters this year in Canada than ever before and the summer's just half done. The area I'm in has been actually very nice this spring/summer. Mid 20's C (mid 70's F) and just enough rain to keep things nice & green. We've managed to miss the bad storms so far. Terrible wildfire season this year in Canada. Been very hot & dry in the northern parts of each province and that's all trees with no real road access to fight the fires. Have to rely on planes dropping water and whatnot. The high level smoke has been blanketing the skies over a long range. Even down over places in the US. Makes a sunny day look like it's cloudy and not safe to breathe either 😞 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, overcome said:

Yep - a lot of antifa punks setting fires here in the States.

110 today in Phoenix today, about 104 right now ... but its a dry heat!

I did a summer Vaca. in Az in mid-July years ago for 2 weeks with the wife & kid. Yeah; it was HOT but like you said, a dry heat so to me not nearly as bad as say Fla in July with soul-sucking humidity. The one thing I remember though was the pool at a hotel we stayed at in Lake Havasu was as hot as the air so it was virtually pointless going for a swim 😆 We had a blast though. Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Yuma, 4 days at a dude ranch in Tucson (my ass still hurts from that one 🤣), Parker Az then ended in Laughlin before flying back from Vegas. That was one of those trips your remember forever! Had a ton of fun!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, overcome said:

Yeah jumping in our pool during the summer is like jumping in a bowl of soup. Everywhere else, they try to keep the pool water warm, here we try to keep it cool. 

Can you even do that without changing out the water completely?

• Like 1

The humidity here in NYC has been absolutely horrible!  For the past 2 weeks it feels like we are in a rainforest when outside.  My husband and I fight about the air conditioning all the time, I like it very cold, he doesn't even like to have it on! 🙄😬 I hate humidity and I do not like the heat.  Give me the Autumn and I'm a happy girl. 😁

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Wet & humid today here as well but hey, we needed a good rain about now so I'm OK with that. Unsettled all weekend here but should get some nice sun parts of tomorrow. 

When ever I catch myself moping about because of the heat or humidity I remember the other season we have ....

Snowed.jpg.97c0a980fcd6049881805d1652b0c91b.jpg

Suddenly, I'm more appreciative of the heat lol.

Edited by Reciprocity
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Reciprocity said:

Wet & humid today here as well but hey, we needed a good rain about now so I'm OK with that. Unsettled all weekend here but should get some nice sun parts of tomorrow. 

When ever I catch myself moping about because of the heat or humidity I remember the other season we have ....

Snowed.jpg.97c0a980fcd6049881805d1652b0c91b.jpg

Suddenly, I'm more appreciative of the heat lol.

Ack!!!  I know you get lots of snow up in Canada.  This past winter we hardly had any here in NYC....maybe 2 inches the whole season.  It was wonderful!!

• Like 3