Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

14 minutes ago, jillar said:

I've heard the "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" but never one about a snake. Must be a Canadian thing?🤔😂😂

I can assure you, snakes and many other critters, don't much like -35C temps in Jan./Feb. 😆😂 so they are pretty scarce here 🐍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jillar said:

I wonder why you don't look a gift horse in the mouth...🤔

The meaning of “don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” is to show gratitude when you receive a gift, rather than inspecting it to see if it’s what you want. When we receive a gift from someone, we’re entitled to thank them for their effort.

horse.jpg

Edited by overcome
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, overcome said:

The meaning of “don’t look a gift horse in the mouth” is to show gratitude when you receive a gift, rather than inspecting it to see if it’s what you want. When we receive a gift from someone, we’re entitled to thank them for their effort.

horse.jpg

Unfortunately, the wife didn't display that attribute when I bought her a vacuum cleaner for Christmas one year 🤕

• Haha 3

I wonder if there are more doors or more wheels in the world. I mean I loose sleep over it. 2am, wide awake, but which one is it?

Does a glove box count as a door, I mean  it's hinged, you need to open it to gain access  . It's a door right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Right! Glove Box is considered to have a door that opens and closes for access purposes, same function as any other door.  

I'm a little confused about the association between doors & wheels though. Wouldn't an association between doors and windows be more natural? Most things with either windows or door have the other item included as well although I expect the windows would win out there. Or, does that just open up another can of worms for ya?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Thank you... must have subconsciously picked up on this debate.

AND using all the logic of the article, to answer your question, even if we only consider windows that have glass (or similar) windows will beat doors.

Random thought: Do hair products go off?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Just got a message flash that my rank has changed to experienced. LOL; what's that mean and how come they're still charging me for parking when I come here if I'm .... 'experienced'?

Do what I do: put an old parking ticket under your windshield wiper when you park.  They'll think they already wrote you up and pass on by.

Bakon is the resident cop here and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

season 16 sleeping GIF

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Boo said:

Do what I do: put an old parking ticket under your windshield wiper when you park.  They'll think they already wrote you up and pass on by.

Bakon is the resident cop here and he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

season 16 sleeping GIF

I heard he's retired now and living in Fla.; with a cat of all things🤭

1161896041_Bacon1dayleft.gif.c668184e3466d5cdd1dc0e1538363aa9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gotta stop going to Walgreen's.

I recently bought a new nose-hair trimmer there.  This morning, I bought some fiber powder that mixes into water at the same location.

I kinda feel the aging process creeping up on me, but when I go to Walgreen's it punches me right in the face.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...