Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

On 7/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, jillar said:

I used to sell these:

OIP.8_yQqho-GVtgGepyKUZwXQAAAA?pid=ImgDe

We had Nutty Buddy ice cream cones.

image.png.0e3ed051c644d7ded8fe38412eabe3c0.png

Little Debbie also made a Nutty Buddy chocolate-wafer treat.

image.png.10e22bb6dc01c56482864f37a57670fe.png

It was all just so confusing...

Benny Hill What GIF

• Haha 3

UK have been put on a Red Alert ...Life threatening temperatures....

Over 30 degrees....we are in a panic ...Come this Sunday ...they are making out it's the end of the earth ...

I carnt remember this happening before ....

But you will still get the idiots rushing to to the beach with children .🙁

30cz5e.jpg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Over 30 degrees..

Um...just read this to the kid, and I quote.. "How could that happen?, Did they move?".... followed by.... "30 degrees?!?...but they don't even stop softball until it's 38deg, and they play cricket and tennis when it's in the 40s. Is that why we call them whinging poms?"

Dunno how any of the convicts and first settlers survived their first summer here. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Little Debbie is absent from my landscape.

Little Debbie used to be right in my backyard.  Before I moved, I lived in Collegedale, TN.  Lived close to one of the McKee Foods plants that makes Little Debbie products.

When the wind blew just right, the air smelled of baked goods and chocolate.  Nice!

Hungry Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 5

Growing up we has an Arnold's biscuit factory 1 block from school...and in the other direction the Lagoon Lolly Factory...so we could either smell fresh baked bickies (cookies) or the lovely smell of lollies being boiled (candy/taffy).

But even better....we also were the home of the world's only Vegemite factory...when the wind blew just right it was the lovely smell of Vegemite and sometimes cheddar cheese.

Now where I live is surrounded by market gardens (mmm wet cabbage & broccoli smell) and the biggest sewage treatment plant in Australia...I've come so far down.

• Haha 4

Worked in a large industrial park, all kinds of plants.  There was a factory that made pork rinds.  That was all you could smell, first it was bad but it did start to get old.  I still get a crave for them once in awhile!

• Like 5

I grew up about 1/4 mile from Budweiser brewing. I remember the smell of hops as a kid.

Later in life, my teachers all said i'd be nothing but a construction worker & an alcoholic.

F them..... lucky guess

Breweries.png.926976933d613e8fc15fdbf25b975407.png

• Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...

This is my Last day of peace for two weeks ..

Dog Sitting King Louis ....My Sons Family Cavapoochon....while they go on thier jolly,s to Spain ...

My Ted the cat just about tolerates him ...and is definitely the Boss....

Louis gives him a wide berth ....

So wish me luck ...playing referee .....Here is the housequest...🐸

73CWSEOC5MSQ6UGRBR5AKCTRTA-2.jpg

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 4

On 7/12/2022 at 1:11 AM, Doreensfree said:

Over 30 degrees....we are in a panic ...Come this Sunday ...they are making out it's the end of the earth ...

I carnt remember this happening before ....

But you will still get the idiots rushing to to the beach with children .🙁

Last week it was 46 here, what's all the fuss.......😉

• Haha 3

Off to spend 2 days at the parental babysitting my brothers dog that they are supposed to be babysitting but have decided to head off for the weekend. Unlike Doreen's King Louis none of us know what the he'll Dusty is except naughty and annoying.

• Haha 4