Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

• 1 month later...

And what did I learn tonight? @jillarlikes pineapple upside down cake and not cheesecake. (I hope she likes cheese when it is not in a cake)

@Gusloves german chocolate and likes cheesecake.

@Katgirlwants strawberries on her New York style cheesecake.

@Opah is happy with good carrot cake.

Me, I am just happy if there is cake, or cookies, or pie, or bread. Do you see the pattern? Yes, I admit it, I am just a foodie! That is what important thing I have learned, that if you don't try it how do you know you don't like it.

• Haha 3

Oh I want cake.

🎼🎶Pineapple Pineapple🎶...bloody ear worm..I wonder where Barry is...

How have the Britskis taken the news that Neighbours is no more....wait where will Australua get our mediocre pop stars from now?

Oh time to cook dinner.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

So there's this Japanese tradition of glue broken pieces of a cup back together with gold so gold shows through at the cracks...the beauty of an imperfection. 

Every now and then, some dunderhead here in America proposes that we fix the crack in the Liberty Bell.  We could, but then it would just be some old bell.  Take away the crack and it loses its identity.

image.png.665f88d4a66fd33db94510f31bfacdc9.png

• Like 5

I would pay someone a million dollars to come over and give me an upper body massage.

Oops! I would pay someone 800,000 to come over and give me an upper body massage but they can eat all they want from the stash of nacho cheese doritos, shredded wheat and peanut butter cups.  

• Haha 2

Having a little upset tummy so brought out the saltines.  I feel better but now I have a crave for cheese in the can. I don't know why canned cheese, I have many types of real cheese in the frig. Must be trying to relive my childhood. I know they still sell it, do you ever buy it just for fun? If you want to be the fun grandma buy a can hand it to the grand kid!

I am so happy to know that I am not the only one that likes this. I enjoy the same type lunch but I add pepperoni. sliced ham and claussen kosher dill pickle spears. We invented those fancy boards that are now all the rage.

• Like 2

Have you ever been charged by a black rhino in the dark of night and knocked to the ground? Well I have, wearing a hot pink robe and my underwear only! The only thing that ran through my mind as I was falling is this is going to shock the neighbors. I knew I was going down and did a kind of side step. I was lucky to fall in the grass and not on the concrete patio. What did I learn? That dog will just have to pee in the house the next time!!

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...

Baking.

Yes it's 2am Friday in my neck of the woods...

Yes I have work tomorrow...

So given up trying to sleep. I just drift off and bam...stupid digestive issues have me up and rocking in pain... oh but don't feel sorry fir me, its total self inflicted.... yep, I knowingly ate foods that make me ill. 

ANZAC bickies anyone?

^ What one bakes when the egg cartons are empty. 

• Like 1

Random thought....I don't think this is the what are you doing right now thread.... oops, yeah nah, it can stay here.

Oh here's a random thought....hope the nobody bickies work, I usually use 50/50 brown sugar and white sugar BUT we currently have a sugar shortage in the southern states.. and I wasn't game to substitute monkfruit sugar instead...so it's all brown sugar this time, I think from memory that makes them chewier.

• Like 1

Oh... nowhere random thought.... are snickerdoodles North America's version of the pavlovs?.... I've seen these cinnamon delights referred to as both Canadian and American in origin.... so down here those pesky little brothers of ours in NZ are always trying to claim they invented the pav, they didn't but because of the underarm incident we tend to humour them and sort of pretend they have a claim to it. But when they come for our laminations, thems fighting words...gees Louise they'll be after claiming Vegemite next.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What a day !!!!

Congratulations Sam Ryder we were actually top of the board ...after 10 years of coming last ,he did us proud 

We came in second to Ukraine....great result .

And what about the mighty Reds ....Liverpool won the FA cup....Get in !!!!👍👌🐸

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 6

I really am turning into my father.

Just wrote in another thread about the time we took my daughter to the aquarium and a lemur scared her.  I'm not even sure why I included that anecdote.

Now I remember that my dad has been telling a story about our trip to Disney World for years.  He points at me and says: "This one...Goofy walked up behind him and he dropped his ice cream cone and ran away."  He laughs every time like it just happened last week.  Dammit dad, I was only three years-old.

I have children of my own to embarrass now.  Not sure why, but it's a family tradition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/13/2022 at 4:26 PM, AceWhite said:

36942349_2131593990414727_2157261742344765440_n.jpg.819a0681a30592be20ee5ca6dc139651.jpg

So happy all my dog does is crap in the house when its raining

That was me! Things got a little outta hand that day. On the bright side, steaks & burgers were enjoyed by all👍

pig-fun.gif.73ad91e827c54bd664af84bbadd46d19.gif

• Haha 4