Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Come on Opah, your are out there in nature, let's see some deer, bunnies, and birds.  Now mind you, I want to see them in their habitat, not when you are hunting them. You can keep those for yourself.  Sounds silly, I have no problem eating beef, chicken, pork and seafood.  I just do not want to know them or see them.  I do not think I would have survived way back when those were are only choices. 

I did grow up with Grandparents that had farm animals that were for food but I did not know that then.  I did gather eggs and work the vegetable garden and picked fruit trees.  I am glad to say they never let us know when a farm animal was taken for food.  I was aware of the hunting and fishing because the kids went along on these outings. I just never thought of the wildlife as pets.

K

@Gus, I don't like winter either or being cold period BUT I do love a rainy day or three. We just NEVER get rain here. In fact, I have all these rainy day projects but am too busy looking out the window at it when it does come to get them done lol😂

• Haha 2

I used to be a sun worshiper in my youth.  I went so far to get expelled from high school so I could lay out on our roof, covered in baby oil to get my summer tan started.  Spent every summer day at the pool or lake.  I changed when my son was born, could not take the heat anymore.  I did last long enough to spend a lot of time with him in the water. Once I felt he was a good swimmer I just sat in the shade and watched.

K

• Like 2

G’day 

South East Queensland has cool dry winters. Our rain arrives in spring and summer and usually as a storm. 

Today I arrived home to find 25mm or an inch in the gauge. My wife was in the next suburb over and they coped a pasting with 60mm or 2 and 1/2 inches of rain and pea sized hail. The air port just a bit further I’ve got a whopping 105 mm of rain that’s a tat over 4 inches. They also had a tornado touch down but nothing damaged. More to come over today and looks like the next week. Lightning is starting now on the horizon so it will be here in the next hour for sure. 

Lightning over Brisbane last night

773F1186-3A5A-4FDF-B743-B7F047156D25.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

I live in the UK ...we know all about Rain ....enough said !!!!!

No doubt you know about rain but the local storms aren’t just rain.

The one that went through the far side of the airport today delivered 105 mm tad over 4 inches in one hour. Hail 90 km hour winds and even a tornado touched down. At the end of the runway at luggage point it soon passed into the bay away from big populations. If it would have hit us it would have been a story of destruction for sure. They use the term “super cells” for these monsters.

• Sad 3

G’day 

Sorry not this time..... it’s a stock pic. 

But trust me I’ve lost a car to a storm the hail busted front rear and side windows. Dinted so bad the insurance wrote it off .

So from experience, stay in the car and take your punishment like a big boy!

Edited by Cbdave
  • Sad 3