Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

G’day 

Seen at the side of a walking track. Neat little pile of rocks,  all the same size where there is none about just dirt and leaves?

My mind takes a journey. I can in my minds eye little Mr 5  1/2 years just got taught to throw rocks by his 8 year old brother. Find this perfect ammo. Fills his pockets with this ammo, and starts to practice his deadly skills. Shooting monsters in his mind.

“OK buddy..... empty out those pockets. Now. and all of them. Show me!”

“Shit, ( Learnt that from my brother too) Mums caught me!... again.

So the pockets get empty and the precious ammo gets carefully put on the stump just in case they walk this way again.

Yes I leave them where I found them.... I was 5 1/2 once too

2C767B6C-5C3D-4E0D-AEA4-059DF32FFD5A.png

• Like 8

G’day 

Well it’s getting more interesting with these rocks thing. Another find at the base of a tree on my morning walk. I’m keeping my eyes peeled and I’ll be checking that this rock is still there next I pass this way.

EB41FE47-5538-4492-BB29-D207D5D2AF8E.png

• Like 5

@Cbdave, painting rocks and hiding them for others to find is all the rage here right now. They even have Facebook pages so you can post a pic of the ones you paint and find. The kids have so much fun looking for them. I even bought rock painting kits for the neighbor kids for Christmas last year lol 😊

• Like 2

Just too many hours at work, my wife is caring for her Mom I am caring for my mom, Had to do my Landry Last night about midnight woke up this morning still beat.  Got with my boss we may be getting the missing SMO hired here soon.  Let him know I was all of those words

• Like 1

Pie can be Dinner,  We use to go out and spend the Day picking cherries, all the different Types red, Dark red, gold, yellow,  100.0 or so bucks, it was a family pick couldn't turn any one of the kids cherries away.

We would divide them in enough for two pies and the rest went home with every body.  The pies ! all the smells, from pitting the cherries to stewing some for the syrup and the final Baking.   Yes it is one of the smells that will drive a neighborhood crazy.

yes it most definitely is cherry Pie for dinner 

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

I agree with Opah, pie is for dinner and if you have a regular dinner, good for a treat while watching TV.  Sorry but at my house pie is food for anytime of day. There are so many variations. Both sweet and savory. (Except for pecan) Easy to make if you use store bought crust (Pillsbury in my freezer at all times) for pie emergencies.  I have a lot of emergencies!

K

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember back in time we would spark up the oven to 250 I would pick a Chicken pot Pie, The oldest brother Fried chicken dinner, Bo just above me any dinner the had the apple cobbler and Marky the baby got the beef pot pie.   Marky and I couldn't reach the freezer yet and the older brother decided the Banquet TV dinners were theirs.

Edited by Opah

Thirty years ago today (October 6th) I married the love of my life....or so I thought at the time. Thirteen years ago he told me that he couldn't be married to me anymore...needed to divorce me or he would "just die".

Good God, could he be more dramatic? This was said to me after he put me thru four years of mental hell and spent all our money on renovating our house in New York. My 1st reaction: Good Riddance! My 2nd reaction: What do I do now? I need to figure some things out, quick!! 

After much anguish, anxiety and many sleepless nights, I managed to get a handle on the big issues so I wouldn't be out on the street. This was not how I expected to go into my "golden years"....but I was determined to be strong and never let him see me sweat. Haven't spoken to him since then except for his Mom's funeral 4 years ago and the day I needed to have him sign some paperwork when I was in the process of selling "our house" earlier this year. He would not be getting anything monetarily (I made sure of that when we drew up the divorce papers!) His reaction: I am so happy for you! How much did you sell it for? My response: Enough to make me happy! 

I will spend today with my new guy (who has seen me at my best and stood by me at my worst over the last 13 years) and my god-daughter, who is visiting us at our home in North Carolina. We will go into town and visit the county historical museum and then go to lunch. I will have a glass of wine and toast to my good fortune with a big smile and a happy heart! PS My god-daughter was a flower girl at my wedding. 😉  

Edited by Rozuki
typo
  • Like 7

G’day 

On my morning walks I’m out in front. I’m the trail blazer, the team leader, I’m the point man!

The girls are more than happy to have me ahead cause I clear the cobwebs before they get there......

3CF9F6A6-E8DD-43F7-9E0E-ECE1393155A5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cbdave said:

G’day 

On my morning walks I’m out in front. I’m the trail blazer, the team leader, I’m the point man!

The girls are more than happy to have me ahead cause I clear the cobwebs before they get there......

3CF9F6A6-E8DD-43F7-9E0E-ECE1393155A5.png

Cobwebs ..Spiders ..NOPE !!!

I would have had to have worn this ....

ctl9620742c_new3.jpg

• Haha 5