Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Be careful out there folks.

We've got a long weekend coming up...people are excited and in a hurry.  This afternoon I drove between Soddy-Daisy and Collegedale.  It's just a 25 mile trip and I saw two bad accidents.  A guy in a Camaro rear-ended a semi-trailer.  Just down the road, there was a Jeep laying on its side and a Honda Accord that hit the concrete divider.

If you are choosing between getting there just a little bit quicker and getting there in one piece...I suggest you pick the latter.

• Sad 5

20 minutes ago, Boo said:

Be careful out there folks.

We've got a long weekend coming up...people are excited and in a hurry.  This afternoon I drove between Soddy-Daisy and Collegedale.  It's just a 25 mile trip and I saw two bad accidents.  A guy in a Camaro rear-ended a semi-trailer.  Just down the road, there was a Jeep laying on its side and a Honda Accord that hit the concrete divider.

If you are choosing between getting there just a little bit quicker and getting there in one piece...I suggest you pick the latter.

Good advice ....

The tortoise and the hare ...I remember by Dad once said to me .

Treat everyone on the road as a idiot .... except you .....

I hope the folks are ok who were inside ..

• Like 5

G’day 

My uncle taught me to drive. At 12. On an old farm jalopy.

He used to say “ it’s not how fast your car can go.... it’s how fast it can stop.

The old jalopy had “shite” brakes and I learnt quickly how read when I needed to slow down and use a 3 on the tree gear box....

• Like 4

Apparently some time during the pandemic it became mandatory to back in our driveways. The neighbor catty corner across the street always has since its hard to back out of his driveway I guess. Then my husband started doing it with our cars. Then the neighbor straight across from us did and now the new owners on the left of us are doing  it too!

Of course I'm not one to follow the herd so I just drive in and park. And then I wait........Yep, there goes the stbx using my car to go to the "store" just so he can back my car in!😂

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations @Jengelsnew1!!! And it’s great that you logged on for this! I love it when the longer quits that aren’t as active on here as they once were log on to let us newbies see that we are going to survive and that we can do this because so many have done it before us and are still enjoying their smoke free lives!! You are 😎!!

• Like 4

random thought. why can't I sleep. It is 2 in the morning and I am up watching Netflix. I feel like an alien from another planet. Many of us are older, widowed and have made the decision to quit for health reasons.  

For me it all seems so strange, my husband is gone, I know my age, but in my head it does seem possible.  Just yesterday we were still young, raising our son, working hard for retirement.  Now I walk by a mirror and I don't know who that is, it can't be me and where is my husband? Where did the last 17 years go? Does anyone out there have these thoughts? Does anyone feel that they are trapped in a body and a life that is not yours?

Sorry, late night rant.

K

• Like 3

Kris ....

My sleep was messed up for a while but eventually it does settle ....

We are the same age Kris ...I also have not too long lost my hubby....

Of Course these are your memories....from your life together 

Every one in life collects memories ....that are stored in our brain.....

Try to do nice things for you .....

We are on a different journey now .....growing old is something most people carnt get away from ...

I'm more healthy now ..than I was 20 years ago.....trying to live my life ,what I have left ,the best I can 👍

• Like 4

Thanks Doreen, It's just  a strange feeling to be who you are now and not who you were then.

I can't figure out where the time went because I was not there when it was happening.  I was so busy working and taking care of everything and everyone that I disappeared and now I just don't have a clue how to find myself.  Makes no sense but it's true.

K

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Kris said:

Thanks Doreen, It's just  a strange feeling to be who you are now and not who you were then.

I can't figure out where the time went because I was not there when it was happening.  I was so busy working and taking care of everything and everyone that I disappeared and now I just don't have a clue how to find myself.  Makes no sense but it's true.

K

We all feel that life passes by far to Quickly ...I feel the Same ...one minute my grandkids were babies.

And now they are teenagers ...

Quitting is a journey ....you have only just started yours ....you will find your path ....

Maybe post more and help others ....you'll be surprised how much this helps you become stronger ..

• Like 3

I just had a very vivid dream that woke me up. I was pregnant with our third child, and my husband was extremely upset about having another mouth to feed.  He said he had to go out, and I was screaming at him, like a shrew. I was visibly pregnant, and so upset. For some reason, my sister was there, and I was telling her, “I don’t know why I acted like that! What’s wrong with me?” At that point, I woke up. It was so real. How weird. That third baby we shared is now 35, and about to become a first time Dad. My ex-husband, the focus of the dream, never liked being a Dad, so the dream was loosely based on fact. My sister was very supportive during my marital struggles, so it makes sense she was there. I divorced that guy 23 years ago, so why am I still dreaming about him? It was a lifetime ago. I agree that life has gone by way too fast. Let’s make the most of the time we have left. 🤔😊

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...