Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Thanks Lilley .

Yes he does have a comfort T shirt of my Son's ...

Actually he has surprised me ..he's been a good boy ....I've had him on a long walk down the Mersey 

Promenade today ...he worn out ...

He's back home tomorrow ...in one piece ...full of treats ...

Biggest laugh ..my Ted the cat has took a liking to his bed and has claimed it ..😁

Really pleased he settled down. 

I had a phone call from our office in Speke today. My god Doreen I never knew a Liverpool accent could be so strong 😮😮

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2021 at 10:19 PM, Lilley said:

Really pleased he settled down. 

I had a phone call from our office in Speke today. My god Doreen I never knew a Liverpool accent could be so strong 😮😮

I missed this Lilley ...

Ya there,s no mistaking that accent at all....where do you live ???

Folks can really get themselves wound up by trying to attach meaning and order to random events.

This morning at work things got a bit wonky.  One of those Murphy's Law kind of days: "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."  I'll spare you the details.

One of the guys at work in particular is wound a bit tight.  He's a good man, but he tries to insist on perfect order in a chaotic world.  As things were going sideways fast this morning, he was alternating between states of nihilistic despair and homicidal rage.

There was talk of the universe lining up against him, forces of nature conspiring to ruin his day, and various people acting with nefarious intent.  To hear him tell it, there was a lot of planning that went into making his day a bad one.

On the other hand, I don't really have a theory for why things went the way they did this morning and I'm not interested in trying to establish intent for anyone involved.  I just figured we caught some bad luck on a Friday morning; things play out like that sometimes.

I'm not even sure where this post is going now.  I suppose what I'm trying to say is: when things don't go according to plan, sometimes it's best to ask "what now?" rather than "why me?"

Edited by Boo
  • Like 4

On 6/11/2021 at 5:56 PM, Boo said:

Folks can really get themselves wound up by trying to attach meaning and order to random events.

This morning at work things got a bit wonky.  One of those Murphy's Law kind of days: "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."  I'll spare you the details.

One of the guys at work in particular is wound a bit tight.  He's a good man, but he tries to insist on perfect order in a chaotic world.  As things were going sideways fast this morning, he was alternating between states of nihilistic despair and homicidal rage.

There was talk of the universe lining up against him, forces of nature conspiring to ruin his day, and various people acting with nefarious intent.  To hear him tell it, there was a lot of planning that went into making his day a bad one.

On the other hand, I don't really have a theory for why things went the way they did this morning and I'm not interested in trying to establish intent for anyone involved.  I just figured we caught some bad luck on a Friday morning; things play out like that sometimes.

I'm not even sure where this post is going now.  I suppose what I'm trying to say is: when things don't go according to plan, sometimes it's best to ask "what now?" rather than "why me?"

tenor-22.gif

• Haha 1

Thought there was a weird wind thing happening high up in the sky this evening. The day was clear then suddenly a cloud appeared from the north (over the lake we live by) and heading south. As I watched it I noticed three very odd columnar clouds hanging down from the main cloud mass. They kind of looked like mini funnel clouds of a tornado -very strange!

Have a look at the pic I took and look toward the tree line from the top of the cloud where the sun is. You'll see spinning cloud formations, three or four of them with another trying to form on the left and yet there's a cloud to the right that appears to be unaffected by whatever is going on, as is the top of the cloud formation. (sorry the sun kind of interferes with the top of the cloud formation). Double left click on the pic to enlarge it. Easier to see the circular rotation of those cloud columns.

Clouds.thumb.png.7714e79c734aa2120a919de7d46a7bc0.png

Perhaps the strangest part was that within probably 30 seconds of taking this pic, the whole cloud mass dissipated into just a small, thin, wispy cirrus cloud. Weird, very weird. Never seen anything like that and I'm a bit of a cloud nerd (in case you couldn't tell).

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

@reciprocity, we've been seeing the SpaceX starlink satellite trains go by in our night skies. Maybe they had something to do with making those clouds swirl?🤔

spacexstarlinkfeatt.jpg

Edited by jillar
Stupid autocorrect yet again! 😠
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, jillar said:

@reciprocity, we've been seeing the SpaceX starlink satellite trains go by in our night skies. Maybe they had something to do with making those clouds swirl?🤔

spacexstarlinkfeatt.jpg

I had not heard about this. Fascinating, as is the man! I really have to pay better attention to what’s going on in the world…..😳

Edited by Katgirl
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Thought there was a weird wind thing happening high up in the sky this evening. The day was clear then suddenly a cloud appeared from the north (over the lake we live by) and heading south. As I watched it I noticed three very odd columnar clouds hanging down from the main cloud mass. They kind of looked like mini funnel clouds of a tornado -very strange!

Have a look at the pic I took and look toward the tree line from the top of the cloud where the sun is. You'll see spinning cloud formations, three or four of them with another trying to form on the left and yet there's a cloud to the right that appears to be unaffected by whatever is going on, as is the top of the cloud formation. (sorry the sun kind of interferes with the top of the cloud formation). Double left click on the pic to enlarge it. Easier to see the circular rotation of those cloud columns.

Clouds.thumb.png.7714e79c734aa2120a919de7d46a7bc0.png

Perhaps the strangest part was that within probably 30 seconds of taking this pic, the whole cloud mass dissipated into just a small, thin, wispy cirrus cloud. Weird, very weird. Never seen anything like that and I'm a bit of a cloud nerd (in case you couldn't tell).

Wow !!!..Great Pic.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Katgirl said:

Cheese cake, topped with strawberries would be nice….

I could never do cheesecake. Cheese and cake should never be in the same recipe as far as I'm concerned!  😂