Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

I was just checking out the customizer function on the new look page.

Who are all of these "sticky authors" we have here?

Do I even want to know why they are sticky?

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jillar said:

Are you talking about the popular contributors on the main page?

In the top right hand corner of the page, next to the messages and notifications indicators, there is a customizer button.  One of the options is to enable the "sticky author panel."

It's of no real importance.  I was just looking to make a cheap joke and hypocritically point my finger at the rest of you and say that you're all a bunch of perverts.

Sugar Britches is watching some awards show on television and Maddie is sleeping.  So, I'm just goofing around on the internet for a bit...pay me no mind.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw a headline about the ozone layer.  I hadn't thought about the ozone layer in a long time.  There was a great deal of consternation about the ozone layer back in the late-eighties and early-nineties, then it just drifted out of the news.

Back in the day, they said chlorofluorocarbons from hairspray cans were a leading culprit in the hole in the ozone layer.  So I blamed the band Whitesnake, but now it's 2020 and we need to find a new scapegoat.

image.png.2c6f561e9968ea2a165b6235c2e74174.png

• Haha 5

The Ozone Layer, and its hole are still a big frickin issue if you live in OZ... guess where that frickin hole is, right over us... is it any wonder we have the highest skin cancer rates in the world, especially when the rule is no hat no play... its not like we aren't careful.

The hole in the ozone layer was the big issue, then green house gasses, then global warming.... its all just designed to give teenage kids no hope for their future,... now its that little dutch girl in her boat.... I'm sure 400 years ago it was all about water pollution, because no sewage or something.... who knows.... give it a couple decades and there will be a new threat.

Yes its clear, I have the grumpy nickers on today.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Boo said:

I just saw a headline about the ozone layer.  I hadn't thought about the ozone layer in a long time.  There was a great deal of consternation about the ozone layer back in the late-eighties and early-nineties, then it just drifted out of the news.

Back in the day, they said chlorofluorocarbons from hairspray cans were a leading culprit in the hole in the ozone layer.  So I blamed the band Whitesnake, but now it's 2020 and we need to find a new scapegoat.

image.png.2c6f561e9968ea2a165b6235c2e74174.png

Good Old Hairspray ....!!!!

I have been called Lego Head in the past.....not one dam hair out of place ...

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

The hole in the ozone layer was the big issue, then green house gasses, then global warming.... its all just designed to give teenage kids no hope for their future,... now its that little dutch girl in her boat.... I'm sure 400 years ago it was all about water pollution, because no sewage or something.... who knows.... give it a couple decades and there will be a new threat.

I remember the Africanized killer bee scare of the 1980s.  Reporters spoke of waves of killer bees coming up from Mexico and swarming across the United States.  There were going to be so many of these bees that the sky would be dark in the middle of the day.  Crops were going to be destroyed and livestock killed.  If you get caught in the middle of one of these swarms of bees...may God have mercy on your soul.

I was a little kid, I was naive.  The man on the T.V. said the bees are coming.  He was wearing a suit and spoke in a very serious tone...his hair was perfect.  He must know what he's talking about.

The media reports were exaggerated at best, but they did manage to scare the bejeezus out of young Boo.

10 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Good Old Hairspray ....!!!!

I have been called Lego Head in the past.....not one dam hair out of place ...

So long as I'm wandering down memory lane here...when I was in junior high school the big hair look was in for the girls.  Between classes in the central area of the school where the lockers were, there was always a thick cloud of Aqua Net lingering in the air.  We were always one spark away from the whole school going off like a bomb.

• Haha 4

Watching the ending of SNL and it's still so surreal to see everyone on stage in face masks talking to each other. 

Because of syndication, years from now they'll rerun these episodes and some kid is going to ask mom why everyone's doing that.....🤔

• Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 2:16 PM, Boo said:

I remember the Africanized killer bee scare of the 1980s.  Reporters spoke of waves of killer bees coming up from Mexico and swarming across the United States.  There were going to be so many of these bees that the sky would be dark in the middle of the day.  Crops were going to be destroyed and livestock killed.  If you get caught in the middle of one of these swarms of bees...may God have mercy on your soul.

I was a little kid, I was naive.  The man on the T.V. said the bees are coming.  He was wearing a suit and spoke in a very serious tone...his hair was perfect.  He must know what he's talking about.

The media reports were exaggerated at best, but they did manage to scare the bejeezus out of young Boo.

Bees.gif.40742b57b1254f86c77e9f6017adff19.gif

• Haha 4

It must be hard to come from one of the other Aussie states... I mean, we are the smallest on the mainland and all out elite footy players (regardless of code) have had to live out of hotel rooms for months away from their relos.... and you still can't beat us in the grand finals... Carn the might V!!

Hmm only @Cbdave will get this... although the rest of you mob might now realise why Victorian's are the least liked of all the states.. its cos noone else is as good as us. 😎 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

It must be hard to come from one of the other Aussie states... I mean, we are the smallest on the mainland and all out elite footy players (regardless of code) have had to live out of hotel rooms for months away from their relos.... and you still can't beat us in the grand finals... Carn the might V!!

Hmm only @Cbdave will get this... although the rest of you mob might now realise why Victorian's are the least liked of all the states.. its cos noone else is as good as us. 😎 

I'm sensing someone's intoxicated with pride over some sort of large scale footy win?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

Wondering if it was it common practice back in the olden days to save some of the cut hair from babies when they got their first hair cut? 

It still is reci. Everyone I know who has kids does that to put in their kid's baby book :) 

• Like 1