Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

I am so happy when I see newbies as leaders in the popular contributors department.

Right Now, @Mona  and  @Mac#23  are numbers One and Two.

I LOVE THIS

Two wonderful people succeeding in building sturdy quits.

Strike up the band, y'all working it fa the good

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wondering why I still call a steam shovel by that name because they clearly don't operate using a steam engine any longer. Internet says they call them "power shovels" now. I've never heard that term used 🤔

In any case, a giant one just took out the house across the street from me. Hope nobody was home! You never know these days. Revenge from a relationship gone bad, Covid rage .... yeah, who knows? Pretty cool though. House was reduced to a pile of rubble in like 5 minuets 😱

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On a Rare Sunny Day in England ...I decided to do some gardening .....

I could hear the guy neighbour nearby ...Hacking ,Coughing ...that horrible Smokers Cough .....

Now I know this guy is still in his thirties....but sounded like a old man ...

It made me reflect how happy I am .....not  to have to smoke anymore because I am a addict ...

Freedom is so good ...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

On a Rare Sunny Day in England ...I decided to do some gardening .....

I could hear the guy neighbour nearby ...Hacking ,Coughing ...that horrible Smokers Cough .....

Now I know this guy is still in his thirties....but sounded like a old man ...

It made me reflect how happy I am .....not  to have to smoke anymore because I am a addict ...

Freedom is so good ...

Lovely weather for YOU, sweet Doreen.

I have a neighbor like yours...he is in his early 50's and his morning ritual of smoking and hacking, coughing lasts at least half an hour

outside.  It is disgusting.  and I remember being just as disgusting for so long that I didn't even hear my own coughs anymore.

I am so relieved and happy to be free also.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bottle of presseco explode today ....in a cupboard....Wow....I was scared stiff.....

What a mess....everything in the cupboard soaking wet and stinky.....

Took all day to clean it ....What a waste.....has this ever happened to anyone here ...?????

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Had a bottle of presseco explode today ....in a cupboard....Wow....I was scared stiff.....

What a mess....everything in the cupboard soaking wet and stinky.....

Took all day to clean it ....What a waste.....has this ever happened to anyone here ...?????

You need a new bottle?

I've got bottles.

image.png.8f6405894b4b917becdeef8539ee98cb.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Had to google that as I don't drink wine so no ........ never happened to me. Have had a a few beer bottle blow up in the freezer when I forgot I had put them in there though. Frozen stuff is way easier to clean up :) 

• Haha 5

First I was think...why did our Doreen have an unopened bottle of wine..

Then I was thinking, yep exploded beer bottles us a summer tradition...

And then I remembered one year when the uncles decided to make ginger beer and put it in the roof to ferment, during summer when t h e roof was made of corry...and many of the bottles exploded...grandma could hear strange sounds and thought there was a possum in the roof until the ceiling started dripping ginger beer.

• Haha 5

It must be the lack of new programming because we're getting so many new to us programs from Australia. We have Married at first site Australia, we have an outback corona survival series, we have another show about survival with Bear grils. Then we have Crikey it's the Erwins. Oh and a new one I'm just seeing tonight called Grand Designs set in Melbourne. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple but I think of our booby bird every time I watch one 🤗

@notsmokinjo, is this part of your world domination plot? 😂

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, jillar said:

@notsmokinjo, is this part of your world domination plot? 😂

How did you work that out so quick. 😉

Although if their showing MAFS (married at first site) they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

We do have some good reno shows...The Block is worth watching if ya get it....if you get any of sleep our dramas Jack Irish is good...um, Wentworth is brilliant, now for the Brits this is a remake of Prisoner I was skeptical at first but by episode 2 I was all in...um Glitch is really worth it....Tidelands...oh and Rake ya gotta watch Rake ( i think the y anks made a copy of this but our one and i s the original)....if you want some historic a l drama there i s a miniseries called Anzac Girls which is really good.

• Like 3