Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

14 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

So the kids Chrissy is almost donski...just stocking stuffers etc to do. Everyone else, I have Nada.

First official function next sundee...making 2 salads and peeling, deveining and cooking some prawns.

Still gotta finish the little ones pressies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Boo said:

Really wish the folks who make Christmas cards would take it easy with the glitter; that stuff gets all over everything.

Get used to it Boo.  Most elementary school projects are done with glitter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

Get used to it Boo.  Most elementary school projects are done with glitter.

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Oh @Boo glitter is one of life's necessities for little girls...I swear I haven't put glitter hairspray in the kids hair for 2 years and there's still glitter in there.

These responses made me realize that I have to change how I view glitter from now on.

For one thing, I'm gonna have to stop calling glitter "stripper dust."

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, BAT said:

1bf96156f50476574051dc7aa794d45dd346a3fe

Bakon and Sonic were out in the woods one day.

Sonic said: "Hey look, deer tracks!"

Bakon said: "Those are too big to be deer tracks, these are bear tracks."

Fortunately, they both heard the train just in time to get off the tracks.

• Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Why do you have 130 bags of organic granola?  That wasn't your Christmas present?

Yes, yes it was my Chrissy

pressie....a years supply of organic granola...my little sister and her other half have an artisan sour dough bakery where they cook in an old brick wood fired oven was built in the mud 1800's...one of there products is granola which I like but have to pick all the saltana (raisins) out cos "I don't eat dead flies" so for Christmas they made me a carton of fruit free granola .. a years supply...pretty sure I'll be pooping well all year 😉

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Yes, yes it was my Chrissy

pressie....a years supply of organic granola...my little sister and her other half have an artisan sour dough bakery where they cook in an old brick wood fired oven was built in the mud 1800's...one of there products is granola which I like but have to pick all the saltana (raisins) out cos "I don't eat dead flies" so for Christmas they made me a carton of fruit free granola .. a years supply...pretty sure I'll be pooping well all year 😉

You won't eat dead flied but will eat raw fish (yuck)😉.  Well that is a lot of granola.  I think jillar's idea is great.  I hope you  have a wonderful Christmas.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I waited so long to buy a new kindle, this one is so much faster than my old one! And as an added bonus I splurged $13.00 on a new cover that has a camera hole built into it so I may just take more pictures with it now too😊 

• Like 3

I don't enjoy asking for favors, but...I need Doreen and our other British friends here on the Train to put in a good word for me with the royal family.

Just skimmed an article that said Prince Harry quit the royal family.  I'm not sure how these things work, but it looks like there's a job opening there.

My limited understanding of British royalty is: they make damn good money for little more than travelling around the globe to smile and wave at the locals.  That's good work if you can get it.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Boo said:

I don't enjoy asking for favors, but...I need Doreen and our other British friends here on the Train to put in a good word for me with the royal family.

Just skimmed an article that said Prince Harry quit the royal family.  I'm not sure how these things work, but it looks like there's a job opening there.

My limited understanding of British royalty is: they make damn good money for little more than travelling around the globe to smile and wave at the locals.  That's good work if you can get it.

Yee Haw !!!!! You Tel'm Boo !!!!

B2402.jpg

Boo's Royal Yacht 😛 

abc_ntl_redneck_130513_wg.jpg

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, BAT said:

Yee Haw !!!!! You Tel'm Boo !!!!

B2402.jpg

I could be to England what Billy Carter was to America.  Put in a big ol' Bar-B-Q pit in the backyard at Windsor Castle.  Make Freebird an official national anthem...It'll be fun.

Sir Boo, Duke of Hazzard

• Haha 6

On 12/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, Boo said:

These responses made me realize that I have to change how I view glitter from now on.

For one thing, I'm gonna have to stop calling glitter "stripper dust."

LOL... my hubby calls sawdust Man glitter

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, Boo said:

You have always been my Prince Charming .. waving at the crowds ..Yes ...I can do that ...it's all in the wrist action .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, catlover said:

LOL... my hubby calls sawdust Man glitter

I've been cutting a lot of walnut lumber over the last few days.  Freshly cut walnut is one of my favorite smells.  Of course you can never go wrong with the smell of freshly cut pine either.

No one asked.  I just thought I would throw it out there.

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

You have always been my Prince Charming .. waving at the crowds ..Yes ...I can do that ...it's all in the wrist action .

First thing I though of when I read "Prince Charming" was this old joke: What did Cinderella do when she got to the ball?  She gagged.

Maybe the high-falutin' royal life ain't for me after all.

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Monday, temperatures reached the mid-seventies here.  Then it rained for three days straight.  And it snowed this morning.

With a pregnant wife at home, it's a rarity when she doesn't describe the temperature in the house as either "too hot" or "too cold."  This weather is not helping my cause.

Do they make a thermostat that flips back and forth from meat locker to sauna?

• Haha 6

• 1 month later...