Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

G67 is not far from the Getty fire. 

I am in contact with 10 or so friends in Northern Cal that had to evacuate from the Kincade fire and also pal on the Carquinez Straits that got burning hot yesterday. 

They said the wind is just outrageous. 

• Sad 4

9 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

It's classed as a level 3 hike..whatever that is...

I'm assuming it's being graded using the Yosemite Decimal System.  A Class III climb would involve scrambling and the use of hand holds.  Some Class III climbs would include ropes for assistance.  

It sounds like a good bit of fun.  Hope you enjoyed yourself up there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Hope your air quality holds...and your asthma doesn't flair.

Unfortunately my asthma is flairing because of the air quality even though the fires are well away from us 😞

• Sad 6

11 hours ago, Boo said:

I'm assuming it's being graded using the Yosemite Decimal System.  A Class III climb would involve scrambling and the use of hand holds.  Some Class III climbs would include ropes for assistance.  

2/3rd of the way up I didn't think I'd make it..looked at the incline and went yeah-NAH...then the kid says..."the goat man you know in America will think you're slackk if you don't do this so move ya fat arse"...had a ball..not in a hurry to do it again but wouldn't rule it out.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Boo said:

Or you could use the Doreen method ...

Crawl on  your hands and knees ...and backside....works for me ...

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

2/3rd of the way up I didn't think I'd make it..looked at the incline and went yeah-NAH...then the kid says..."the goat man you know in America will think you're slackk if you don't do this so move ya fat arse"...had a ball..not in a hurry to do it again but wouldn't rule it out.

The goat man approves of your effort.  It's all about progress...

image.png.1a5d044294524043cea11a5bc564937d.png

5 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Or you could use the Doreen method ...

Crawl on  your hands and knees ...and backside....works for me ...

According to Doreen's Cragger's Atlas this route is graded FC2.2.1 (Free Climb using two hands, two knees, and one arse).

• Haha 8

A man walks in to a bar (no not a joke) and starts asking random strangers for a beer, explaining that he hasn't had a beer all day and he is almost having a nervous breakdown because of it. Will someone give him a beer? Or maybe a sip of there own beer? No of course not!
Now if you replace the beer with the word cigarette, he will be offered more than 1...

*mind blown*

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jillar said:

For my mom's Christmas gifts. She loved opening presents so I would buy her a bunch of small things to open....😢

This won't be an easy Christmas, dear one.

Be kind to yourself and love well those you love.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My children got me Alexa for Christmas.  She is the lady in the box that plays music for me.  My husband hooked the lights in the house up to her so all you have to say is "Alexa turn the light  on", in whatever room you are in.  My husband just asked her to turn the lights on and she responded in a way too pleasant tone "sure".    I am thinking that, when my husband retires next month,  he is going to like Alexa much better than me.  After 42 years of marriage, I don't think I can change my tone of voice at this point.  😂

• Haha 5

I'm bona fide, certified, and thoroughly vetted now.

I'm in the process of setting up a new account at work with a company that has contracts with the military.  To get clearance I had to go through a thorough background check.  Received notification earlier today that I cleared every hurdle.

For the record: the Federal Government of these United States of America has deemed ol' Boo a citizen in good standing and not a threat to the Republic.

So...I got that going for me.

Edited by Boo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Try to calm down and relax.  I know Christmas is right around the corner, but that's no reason to drive yourself crazy over the next three weeks.

You may not find that "perfect" gift.  The Christmas dinner may not turn out to be the culinary experience of the century.  And that's okay.

If you're like me, you are far from perfect the rest of the year.  Why would the holidays be any different? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

^^^ what the fruck @Boo get out of my bloody head.

So the kids Chrissy is almost donski...just stocking stuffers etc to do. Everyone else, I have Nada.

First official function next sundee...making 2 salads and peeling, deveining and cooking some prawns.

Still gotta finish the little ones pressies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1