Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Some species just cant live together,  ever seen the ice at a penguin colony ?

A polar bear goes to his local butcher to buy dinner for the wife and cubs

he asks how much the seal meat is and the butcher reply's 1.99 a lbs

He then sees some wonderful walrus meat and asks how much that is and the butcher reply's 3.99 a lbs its on special

The polar bear sees penquin  Meat fresh from the Arctic  the bear asks the butch how much for the penguin meat and 

the butch reply's 13.50 a lb.

The polar bear flabbergasted by the price asks why is the penguin meat so much more that the other meats and the Butcher reply's

You ever had to clean one of those dirty little things ?

image.thumb.png.7a817fbdc07280c04f2086a7864b5a8f.png

Edited by Opah

I still think it's weird that I found 6 lighters spread around the house in the last week and couldn't find any when I needed one. 
Does this mean the universe wants people to quit smoking and hiding the lighters behind a cosmic veil (just made this one up... 😬)

Nah...probably means that early quiters are obsessive cleaners lol

• Haha 6

17 hours ago, Vivianne said:

I still think it's weird that I found 6 lighters spread around the house in the last week and couldn't find any when I needed one. 
Does this mean the universe wants people to quit smoking and hiding the lighters behind a cosmic veil (just made this one up... 😬)

Nah...probably means that early quiters are obsessive cleaners lol

Well I'm coming up on 2 years and I still find random lighters and even the odd stashed smoke/s....mental.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I understand the philosophy of getting rid of all smoking related materials when you quit.  However, there are many uses for lighters that don't involve firing up a cigarette.

I never go out in the woods without a good lighter.  The Zippo Flex-Neck is a handy little tool.

image.png.29097c16952223eb1ff6a1c200727871.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Boo said:

I understand the philosophy of getting rid of all smoking related materials when you quit.  However, there are many uses for lighters that don't involve firing up a cigarette.

I never go out in the woods without a good lighter.  The Zippo Flex-Neck is a handy little tool.

image.png.29097c16952223eb1ff6a1c200727871.png

And a good spade ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2019 at 7:14 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Confession: I committed to climbing this with the kid and her friends and am stressing I bit off more than I can chew.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsi4tIsSRpeuO0-cE6nWR

What kind of climbing are you doing?  Is there a route that you can hike/scramble to the top?  Are you using a rope...top rope or sport climbing?

image.thumb.png.8cfed4885cd57d98f2702265d8860159.png

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Boo said:

What kind of climbing are you doing?  Is there a route that you can hike/scramble to the top?  Are you using a rope...top rope or sport climbing?

image.thumb.png.8cfed4885cd57d98f2702265d8860159.png

Well it wasn't really climbing...it was more walking up a track/hike....there were stairs carved into the rocks in some parts but the over hanging rocks meant you had to climb the stairs bent over so ya didn't knock yaself out. The summit had to be reached by scrambling over boulders...there were a few sections like that where there was no path, you just had to scramble over the rocks following the blue arrows and hope you didn't tumble over the side. It's classed as a level 3 hike..whatever that is...but let's just say there are no safety rails or ropes or fenced off sections so it's a bit daunting at the top just standing on rocks...it wasn't even that far...but some of the climb sections were steep... Was still more exercise than I am used too these days...spent a while at the top cos one of the girls had a panic attack over the crazy tourists standing in really dangerous spots with not safety precautions ....then an echidna came out and walked around...so cute.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:57 AM, jillar said:

Are you crazy woman! How many snakes and spiders will you encounter climbing that?! 

Spiders spotted...1, teeny tiny thing on the pin lid.

Snakes....2 but both were dead and in the mouths of kookaburras.

Rosellas that stole food from out table...2 (rosellas are pretty blue and red birds)

Eastern Grey Kangaroos...a mob of about 30...with cute little babies.

Koalas...stoned and sleeping in trees...3

Echidna...1 walking around on the summit freaking out the tourists who thought it was a giant hedgehog. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

Well it wasn't really climbing...it was more walking up a track/hike....there were stairs carved into the rocks in some parts but the over hanging rocks meant you had to climb the stairs bent over so ya didn't knock yaself out. The summit had to be reached by scrambling over boulders...there were a few sections like that where there was no path, you just had to scramble over the rocks following the blue arrows and hope you didn't tumble over the side. It's classed as a level 3 hike..whatever that is...but let's just say there are no safety rails or ropes or fenced off sections so it's a bit daunting at the top just standing on rocks...it wasn't even that far...but some of the climb sections were steep... Was still more exercise than I am used too these days...spent a while at the top cos one of the girls had a panic attack over the crazy tourists standing in really dangerous spots with not safety precautions ....then an echidna came out and walked around...so cute.

Boy Jo, that young one of yours keeps you moving.  That sounded like a very professional climb.  You go girl!!!!!

• Like 4