Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Well this conversation takes me back to one of my life's most innocent and embarrassing moments.  Was definitely in my younger years when gas stations quit having attendants pump your gas.  I did not realize that there were different size holes for the gas tanks (leaded and unleaded). 

I proudly pulled into the crowded station and tried to start fueling but the nozzle would not fit.  I yelled across the station, to the owner,  "Sir, your thingy won't fit into my hole."

Being the slow bear that I am,  I did not realize why everyone was laughing.  Some kind soul did come over and explain the difference.

• Haha 9

21 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

Well this conversation takes me back to one of my life's most innocent and embarrassing moments.  Was definitely in my younger years when gas stations quit having attendants pump your gas.  I did not realize that there were different size holes for the gas tanks (leaded and unleaded). 

I proudly pulled into the crowded station and tried to start fueling but the nozzle would not fit.  I yelled across the station, to the owner,  "Sir, your thingy won't fit into my hole."

Being the slow bear that I am,  I did not realize why everyone was laughing.  Some kind soul did come over and explain the difference.

Linda...

I understand ..I'm just as innocent as you ...( cough ).....

• Haha 7

So I'm looking at this little plastic container with the yellow lid and thinking you've had me fasting since last night, nil by mouth, and now ya want me to fill a cup???? I'm Gunna be sitting here for ages. Hmm....should I dye my hair?....bloody brilliant game of footy last night.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Why can't dinner cook itself?

All of these smartphones and gadgets, yet we still don't have a food machine like the Jetsons.

C'mon engineers, get on it!

image.png.94895439d50ff68773fb8ce35072e9bf.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm going to make a really good old man in the future.

Thunderstorms roll through here every evening.  One of my favorite things to do is sit on my back porch and watch the lightning over the Cumberland Plateau.

A thunderstorm, a glass of lemonade, and my dog by my side...I'm set for the evening.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Boo said:

understorm, a glass of lemonade, and my dog by my side...I'm set for the evening.

Sound frickin grouse....and to complete the old man scene a grandkid on ya knee.

I miss them from when I lived in Darwin...during the build up we would get them without rain but man that skyline at night Frick awesome.

• Like 5

Ah thunderstorms -- love them.  Don't get them up here often but this summer has been the exception -- have a couple big ones the last couple of weeks, even had an EF0 tornado in Portland across the river (no serious damage or injuries).  Love the light show, the heavy rain, the booms -- great way to go to sleep!!!!

• Like 5

We're in the season of daily thunderstorms. 

Nice cloud cover, tepid (not cool)  rain,  maybe a bit of a breeze.

Afterwards, a heavier wet blanket of humid oppression.

Dodging the lightening, a great time to weed the garden.  The weeds pull up so easily.

• Like 5

Most everybody complains about getting older.  Sure, there's a few odd aches and pains that can't quite be explained.  However, I'm finding more and more that I just don't give a damn about a lot of stuff that I used to get all wound up about.  And the damns I do give are distributed far more judiciously now.  The rest I put back for a rainy day.

I wouldn't turn back time if I could.

• Like 7

On 2/27/2018 at 8:55 PM, notsmokinjo said:

So I have lots of random thoughts... and well sometimes its just nice to share....this thread is a spot to share any random thought you might have..

Random thought: If I me body has to heat the icecream up before it can digest it that should burn energy therefore shouldn't eating icecream take more energy than ya get outa it and therefore be low fat even if its made with fat milk?

I like the way you think!!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoNicChick said:

I like the way you think!!!!

Hang around long enough and that might change. Sometimes I am much less ...hmmmm..lucid.

Random thought: why is New York called the big Apple and Tassie called The Apple Isle when Tas is way bigger, way more apple shaped and they actually grown apples there?... AND...why isn't it called The Smiley Face State...unsee it my friends...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfWlPQUCfYDIlGTv4K0ZD

2 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Wonder if 3D printers are the beginning of engineers creating a Jetson style food machine?

Speaking of being behind schedule...Where is my jet pack?  For 50 years now they've promised us jet packs!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the advances in technology that have been made.  But dammit...I want a jet pack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4