Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

On 6/28/2018 at 11:03 PM, Whispers said:

Out here only those who love xmas get into it. southern hemisphere celebrate to get that winter feel. 2-3 years ago it was 80 on xmas eve here, its didnt feel normal. I was in shorts, crazy but a nice change 

I remember that Christmas...some of us attended our Christmas parties in shorts and flip-flops...

crazy weather for New York. Speaking of "crazy"....there was a chain of stores called "Crazy Eddie's" that held a "Christmas in August" sale every year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rozuki said:

I remember that Christmas...some of us attended our Christmas parties in shorts and flip-flops...

crazy weather for New York. Speaking of "crazy"....there was a chain of stores called "Crazy Eddie's" that held a "Christmas in August" sale every year!

Yup, great commercials.. Shorts on xmas? What planet is this? Australia?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Yup, great commercials.. Shorts on xmas? What planet is this? Australia?

We've worn shorts on Christmas plenty of years here on planet California :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

We've worn shorts on Christmas plenty of years here on planet California :)

Its strange to me, do you also freeze your sheets and undies when its hot out? That was the best yesterday, thank you for the laughs here. Flippin great

• Haha 1

Just now, notsmokinjo said:

did ya try it?

lol no, i just put the air on. Its cute, something my mother would tell me to do. I'm up in PA for the holiday week, the bear this year are all over. I got some good shots of this one. image.png.3bd85a31637352dd3ea45fb78a7989fe.pngimage.png.c5e8d572ee8114448e79b62ef645a9d7.png

image.png.a4b6967efb7d489dc0e2ee5e0164e061.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

Those are really awesome pics of the bear, be careful!

It looks so cute and cuddly... but I bet a drop bear could take it...?

On a more serious note, someone once told my bro when he was doing his drive around the US holiday... you can always pick the Aussie tourists... someone yells "bear" and everyone runs for cover and the Aussies get out their cameras... are you really and Aussie @Whispers??

• Haha 2

That bear is tagged, same ones around for years. Some get shot by the hunters, a couple have 3 legs. Just gotta watch when mamma bear is out with cubs. I watched my fair share of Crocodile Dundee jo ;)

Edited by Whispers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have such a diverse population here from all over the globe and so I'm wondering at this date July 2nd ; what time does it get dark where you live? I mean dark - not just sundown or twilight but a dark sky.

Where I am it doesn't get dark for long this time of year. Maybe around 10:30 PM then it starts getting light at around 3:30 AM. The benefits is that as you are laying in bed half asleep at 3:30 AM, you can hear birds chirping constantly. You just don't hear that any other time of year :) Some of the places I have done field work in it doesn't even get dark at all in late June. The sun dips just below the horizon then .... right back up ? I'm just curious as to what others experience. I know in the southern hemisphere (Jo & GITW) it will be the least amount of daylight this time of year but that's fine. It's just the reverse of North America.

• Like 1

It gets completely dark here a little after 9:00pm currently. And the birds start chirping most nights around 2:00-3:00am. One in particular that is super loud and needs to move on so we can sleep lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is 8:49 pm and pitch black here on Long Island, New York, USA. Lots of lightning bugs out and about tonight!

image.png.1eef2f125b429a7a6b4ac69237fb163c.png

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Devil Doll said:

I miss lightning bugs... the frogs are going apeshit here in the 7th circle. 

We have tons of lightning bugs here in ETX. Seems like more this year than last.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BAT said:

We have tons of lightning bugs here in ETX. Seems like more this year than last.

We don’t have them, it’s insane. 

We have sand gnats for days though...