Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

Why is it when I shut my eyes behind my eyelids I see a collage of faces/things, like a black and white kaleidoscope.. an splodgy messy face contorts into a monsters face into a black and white tiger into my wee mammy and on and on and on until i finally fall asleep 

• Confused 1

numbers... lots and lots of numbers and patterns... and squares and then i hear on replay every conversation I had that day... and then I hear the conversations and my internal monologue of the conversations and my analysis of both and then I see replays of the conversations and then..... beginning to understand why sleep is so hard for me.... but the morphy shape thing is a thing.

I just don't get that one.... and we all know about my dreams

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

So ... with July aproaching need to ask myself is it acceptable to listen to christmas carols seeing as they have christmas in July... can I listen to them for the whole month like I do in december or just on July 25th....

I listen to Dylan Thomas', 'A Child's Christmas In Wales' all year long.

Merry is for all seasons.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

So ... with July aproaching need to ask myself is it acceptable to listen to christmas carols seeing as they have christmas in July... can I listen to them for the whole month like I do in december or just on July 25th....

Who has Christmas in July?

2 hours ago, jillar said:

Who has Christmas in July?

We have Christmas in July.... all the goods christmas foods are baked and hot but Christmas day is usually in the 30s Celsius here (88 F or higher) ... so our chrissy food cold platters and seafood... not lovely roasty things.... so we have Christmas in July... there's no pressies but lots of resteraunts do special Christmas in July menus/events.... oh and no decorations... maybe Christmas in July is just an Aussie thing... ??? Sometimes we go up into the Dandenongs to the Cuckoo (German Resteraunt) and have Christmas in July there which is lots of fun and once it even snowed. 

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Merry is for all seasons.

Not in our house.. I am on a strict December 1 to Jan 6 (epithany) only on christmas music... but its so good why can't it be all year long music ??????? 

5 minutes ago, Whispers said:

you really never heard of it? every year the hallmark chnl has all the movies on

Oh yeah you're right. But I never knew WHY they showed Christmas movies in July. Meaning I didn't know Christmas in July was a thing...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jillar said:

Oh yeah you're right. But I never knew WHY they showed Christmas movies in July. Meaning I didn't know Christmas in July was a thing...

Out here only those who love xmas get into it. southern hemisphere celebrate to get that winter feel. 2-3 years ago it was 80 on xmas eve here, its didnt feel normal. I was in shorts, crazy but a nice change 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Not in our house.. I am on a strict December 1 to Jan 6 (epithany) only on christmas music... but its so good why can't it be all year long music ???????

So are you rolling out Fairytale of New York starting Sunday?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sslip said:

So are you rolling out Fairytale of New York starting Sunday?

You know me so well.... that's my number two chrissy song... after How To Make Gravy...now see if you can guess my favourite traditionally chrissy song.... (you should so get this)

^^ Never heard that one before... bloody pissa.... although I do find it a bit disturbing that there is an image of 3 muscle tops for the #2... I know I have issues yeah.

When its a really hot christmas I have been known to cry at the songs about snow because well its melting hot and listening to songs about snow is very disturbing.

@jillar nope that is not in my favourites list... I have a top ten traditional (carols) and a top ten songs (not carols).. that is on neither.

• Haha 1