Random thoughts...

notsmokinjo

4 hours ago, johnny5 said:

Finally.  I haven't been feeling too good about the start of this season.

You had to love our performance against the Braves though Johnny5 (is alive)...

11 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Mets got crushed tonight....

There, there poor diddums... 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, notsmokinjo said:

I'd volunteer to find out but... well... Pork Chop might not like it and then that spanking he keeps promising me might not be as fun as it should be.

Who is Pork chop? One pork chop ONE! All of us old skool ginzos are this nuts   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Whispers said:

Mets got crushed tonight....

I'm a bit more optimistic about this Braves team than I was at the start of the season.  They can put together some offense.  The starting rotation is a work in progress, but not as bad as many thought it would be.  Then...there's the bullpen.  Just can't trust the bullpen yet.  Good arms, but some days they can't find the strike zone with a rifle scope and a search warrant.

I still think the Mets and Nationals are better built for the long haul in the East.  The Braves and Phillies are playing well enough to keep it interesting.  I would take a cheap shot at the Marlins here, but the Braves manage to lose games to those guys that they have no business losing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Boo said:

I'm a bit more optimistic about this Braves team than I was at the start of the season.  They can put together some offense.  The starting rotation is a work in progress, but not as bad as many thought it would be.  Then...there's the bullpen.  Just can't trust the bullpen yet.  Good arms, but some days they can't find the strike zone with a rifle scope and a search warrant.

I still think the Mets and Nationals are better built for the long haul in the East.  The Braves and Phillies are playing well enough to keep it interesting.  I would take a cheap shot at the Marlins here, but the Braves manage to lose games to those guys that they have no business losing.

Matt Harvey went from the Dark Knight to the joker. Braves can hit, Tomorrow is Thor and saturday is degrom. Braves started kept the mets quiet

• Like 2

Should we start a ball thread... Baseball, not as big as a softballer's balls??? ... nope.. what's about Take Me Out To The Ball Game...  nah... My Teams Playing Crap I Need A Whinge .... Cubbies Champions of the World..... hey that reminds me... how come, baseball which is played by teams only based in the US plays the 'World' Series but Ice Hockey, which has teams from 2 countries plays in the NHL, National Hockey League... has Canada officially been made a state??

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Matt Harvey went from the Dark Knight to the joker.

Tommy John surgery is the ultimate crapshoot in baseball.  Some guys just never have the same stuff afterwards.  Tonight was one of those crossroads games: Matt Wisler gets called up from Gwinett and looked solid while Matt Harvey may be sent down to Vegas for a while.

Good piece of advice for any young flamethrowing pitcher out there: save some of that money they throw at you when you're in your prime.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

has Canada officially been made a state??

Canada is America's hat.

With Rec away on vacation, now is the perfect time to start giving the Canucks the business.

• Like 1