Displaced Person

beazel

Unfortunately, we can't dispel your concerns about your home site issues. All we can do is offer what ever hospitality we can, given our resources. It is completely understandable that all of you are a little disoriented and/or anxious as these quit smoking associations are intensely personal somehow. Losing that connection is I'm sure upsetting! Having been a member of numerous sites, I can assure you, people are people and those that are on this journey share a special bond. No matter which site you are associated with, there is a commonality that is universal so be assured - you are still home with those who understand you :)

• Like 10

Hi everyone! I found my way here too. :)

I'm very concerned many members, especially the newbies might be feeling vulnerable because their strongest support network has 'disappeared' suddenly. The owners must have a responsibility to either fix the problem or pass it on.

Anyway .. I'm glad  everyone here is so welcoming, looking after the refugee's from QSMB!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Phoebe2 said:

Hi everyone! I found my way here too. :)

I'm very concerned many members, especially the newbies might be feeling vulnerable because their strongest support network has 'disappeared' suddenly. The owners must have a responsibility to either fix the problem or pass it on.

Anyway .. I'm glad  everyone here is so welcoming, looking after the refugee's from QSMB!

I agree! This issue is most significant for the newbies at QSMB. I can only hope that they do a little googling and find this site where they will recognize many profile names. I would hate to find that this issue extinguished even 1 fledgling quit :52_fearful:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nancy said:

Hi, all!  I just wanted to let you know that neither Avian or I have any idea what is going on with QSMB. (Marcie is not admin, by the way).  We see the same thing you see and have no idea how to fix it.  We have tried emailing everyone we can think of...no replies, yet.

As many of you know, I have been a member here, too, for a long time.  It is a great place to be, too!

Thank you, Nancy.....I mixed up you and Marcie when I was trying to think of the other admin! Glad I remembered about this forum although I now have two names on here...any way to consolidate (I would rather just be Rozuki) ;)

• Like 1

Hey Beazel. Your quit anniversary is coming up soon. I’ll celebrate it for you no matter which site you’re on!

Ty Nancy for the Staus update on the QSMB. It was so abrupt how the site just went offline like that.

Hello to you Reciprocity - Im here and thanks to this Quit Train for all of us transients! My quit date was February 4, 2017. I’ve just recently achieved one year smoke free. 

kind regards to everyone and respectfully,

NOPEster

• Like 2

Hi Nopester! Glad you made your way here! I, too, hope the newbies of QSMB find their way here. Would hate for someone to lose their quit due to the abrupt disappearance of their online support! I know I just celebrated my 1 yr quit and it made me a bit anxious to wonder what was going on over  at QSMB but luckily I remembered about quittrain.com! Nice place/people here!

Edited by Rozuki
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rozuki2 said:

Hi Nopester! Glad you made your way here! I, too, hope the newbies of QSMB find their way here. Would hate for someone to lose their quit due to the abrupt disappearance of their online support! I know I just celebrated my 1 yr quit and it made me a bit anxious to wonder what was going on over  at QSMB but luckily I remembered about quittrain.com! Nice place/people here!

Be careful! We seem nice at first then when you get comfortably relaxed ...............

w6y1jp.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rozuki2 said:

Thank you, Nancy.....I mixed up you and Marcie when I was trying to think of the other admin! Glad I remembered about this forum although I now have two names on here...any way to consolidate (I would rather just be Rozuki) ;)

Sorry, I'm not an admin here...you might send a pm to MQ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rozuki2 said:

checking on this for you.  :)

I am another one who worries about all the newbies losing their online support, and hope they are able to find their way here to this haven with some familiar names. I originally joined here in May of last year when QSMB went down then, and I was only 2 months quit, and I PANICKED. I was seriously in tears, I needed my support group and all my "quitting friends".

Funny the connections we make during the throes of quitting.

Edited by Lin-quitting
clarity
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Lin-quitting said:

I am another one who worries about all the newbies losing their online support, and hope they are able to find their way here to this haven with some familiar names. I originally joined here in May of last year when QSMB went down then, and I was only 2 months quit, and I PANICKED. I was seriously in tears, I needed my support group and all my "quitting friends".

Funny the connections we make during the throes of quitting.

I know Linn - I was absolutely devastated. I'm so happy with each member I see here!

Thank you so much Quit Train!

• Like 4

found my way... well that was a scary couple of days with no Nope thread and needing an sos and having a break down and ok deep breath (yep can still do that cos I didn't turf my quit)... I finded you all and it look likes some new friends. Hope my fellow newbies make there way here... I've been stressing for quite a few of us.

• Like 10

Just now, notsmokinjo said:

found my way... well that was a scary couple of days with no Nope thread and needing an sos and having a break down and ok deep breath (yep can still do that cos I didn't turf my quit)... I finded you all and it look likes some new friends. Hope my fellow newbies make there way here... I've been stressing for quite a few of us.

Welcome to QuitTrain, notsmokinjo.  Glad you found this site.  :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Welcome - you are good to go now my friend. Great place with supportive people and , a lot of your old friends too :)

Glad you didn't lose your quit too!! I think I posted something about that in the "curse thread" the other day? (Off The Record page at the bottom main board)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Welcome aboard....there is alot of your friends here now....take a seat on this fabulous Train...it goes all the way to Freedom !!!!

• Like 1