Are your taste buds alive !!!

Doreensfree

PFFT!!

I don’t really notice a difference since I quit. However I do notice a heightened sense of smell. So it would only seem logical that food would taste better. One would think.

Right off the top my head I can’t think of a food that I don’t like. It’s not physically possible for food to taste better. 

Brussels sprouts sautéed to a light brown coating with butter and a little sugar are a wonderful complement to grilled pork chops and cowboy potatoes.

Edited by Octain
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Octain said:

PFFT!!

I don’t really notice a difference since I quit. However I do notice a heightened sense of smell. So it would only seem logical that food would taste better. One would think.

Right off the top my head I can’t think of a food that I don’t like. It’s not physically possible for food to taste better. 

Brussels sprouts sautéed to a light brown coating with butter and a little sugar are a wonderful complement to grilled pork chops and cowboy potatoes.

Lol...cowboy potatoes ????....I'm sure we call these somethjng else !!!

3 hours ago, Boo said:

Black olives and feta cheese.  I've also recently started eating and actually enjoying Brussels sprouts.

Good eatin'!

Feta cheese and Brussels sprouts...yum....but olives... No ..sorry ..yuck !!!.these and corn on the cob...disgusting !!!

Cowboy potatoes:

Wash/scrub about three or four medium sized brown potatoes, cut into eights or tenths chunks. Do not peel potatoes. Just cover potato chunks in a medium/ large sauce pan with water and a couple tablespoons of salt.  Bring to a hard boil being careful not to over boil the pan. Let potatoes boil until over done, until almost all the water is gone.  Fold in about 3/4 cups of milk, a clove or two of crushed garlic and a couple tablespoons of butter(optional).   Salt to taste . Stir until desired chunkiness. Serves 2 to 3 people with a possibility of leftovers for one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Octain said:

Cowboy potatoes:

Wash/scrub about three or four medium sized brown potatoes, cut into eights or tenths chunks. Do not peel potatoes. Just cover potato chunks in a medium/ large sauce pan with water and a couple tablespoons of salt.  Bring to a hard boil being careful not to over boil the pan. Let potatoes boil until over done, until almost all the water is gone.  Fold in about 3/4 cups of milk, a clove or two of crushed garlic and a couple tablespoons of butter(optional).   Salt to taste . Stir until desired chunkiness. Serves 2 to 3 people with a possibility of leftovers for one. 

Wow...this a new recipe for me...will definitely give it a try...Thanks O !!!!

One of my favorite movies… 

I like malt vinegar and catsup on my spuds, chips, fries, taters whatever you want to call them.

As a matter fact, I’m making whooped taters with dinner tonight.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Brussel sprouts and olives. it does not get grosser than that.

My taste didn't really change since quitting but I CAN smell stuff now.

I would echo this exactly.

My dietary leanings are somewhat less sophisticated and a tad more unhealthy?

2qwljx4.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 2

I also had no change whatsoever in taste but smell is more acute. I think I'm a "super taster". Have always been. Whatever I eat, I can usually identify every ingredient in it unless it's a cuisine that uses many ingredients I'm not too familiar with, like Chinese, Thai or Korean.  I love all food with the exception of peppers, especially bell peppers, guava and lychee nuts.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I would echo this exactly.

My dietary leanings are somewhat less sophisticated and a tad more unhealthy?

2qwljx4.jpg

That guy looks like a REAL window licker AND has the table manners of a pig. Probably makes the same nasty slurping sounds as my dog when he eats.

Well thanks, there goes MY mood for some self-love.

• Haha 1

Never 

4 hours ago, Jetblack said:

You should try that cereal Krave, the double chocolate kind.

it used to be better but somehow they screwed it up but still worth a try.

Never heard of it but I’m game :) 

8 minutes ago, despair not said:

hi

Brussell sprouts have been modified since I began smoking  30+ years ago they really used to be bitter but this bitterness has been  bred out of them  during the time I smoked  and they are sweet now. I never realised when I smoked but now they taste nice.

Hi and Welcome :) I'm afraid of Brussell Sprouts because I had bad experiences with them in the past - lol. I don't care for cabbage either which is another issue probably but yes. I can appreciate that they do modify various foods over time.

The good news is, all you brussell sprout eaters can have mine :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, despair not said:

Brussell sprouts have been modified since I began smoking  30+ years ago they really used to be bitter but this bitterness has been  bred out of them  during the time I smoked  and they are sweet now. I never realised when I smoked but now they taste nice.

I went years without even thinking about eating brussles sprouts, now I crave them.

A bit of olive oil, garlic, and some balsamic vinegar.  Roast 'em up and enjoy.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1