Peace Train is 9 Months Quit Today!!

Reciprocity

Congrats on reaching the 3/4 mark PT! 9 months quit now and on cruise control to the Lido Deck :)

No matter how that Nico-monster tried to intimidate you along the way, you always found a way to beat him. Great work!!

315zmhl.jpg

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

OMG thanks Reciprocity and all you guys!  I just got home from a busy day at work and I couldn't wait to check in. This 9-month mark has been a personal goal for me. It being the gestation period of human beings, it's such a significant time period. I do feel as though I've "birthed" a new way of being in the world- a world without smoking.  I could barely imagine it, you see, at the beginning of this journey I couldn't imagine life without cigarettes. You all know how cigarettes were part of everything you'd do.  They were my consolation, my celebration, my amusement, my enjoyment, the exclamation point after every task accomplished.  Or so I believed at the time, before learning about this addiction, thanks to all of you, this board, Joel's videos, Allen Carr's book, my own enlightenment. 

After 9 months without them, I now wonder when in the H-E-double toothpicks I EVER had the TIME to smoke!  I mean, seriously, I have zero extra time and I can recall many occasions of having to sit or stand outside whatever the real action was at the time to get my fix. Maybe I'm so much busier because I'm more active, which is a great thing too but I think the truth is, when you're an addict, you're in denial of all the negatives about the use of your substance of choice.  

I also wonder how much better I'm going to feel when I reach my next personal goal of one year. It can only get better as I've seen myself and heard time and time again from you successful quitters who have the generosity to stick around and help us who come along behind you.  I'm so grateful for all your help and for the community of this board. 

Thanks for the good wishes, all! 

Onward and upward!

Edited by PeaceTrain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3