Newbie quit date (09/02/18)

Lee1967

Hi and welcome Lee...

Well I've got some great news for you !!!! There is a train full of quitters here..who will say yes you can...all you need is the desire to be free....

Congrats on already being onbe week smoke free..

There is tons of stuff to read here,and videos to watch .go to the main page...they pinned in a green square...we also have....a

DAILY NOPE thread..head over there...its a promise you make to yourself ,you will not take one puff that day...this really helps ...we take it day by day...

It's a bit quieter of a weekend here...but I'm sure others will be along soon go welcome you .

Looking forward to getting to know you better...

Just ask if we can help you in anyway...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lee1967 said:

Hi im new and it is the start of my 2nd week. 1st week wasn't too bad but boy i'm feeling it a bit this week. Keep telling myself i can do this. 

Dont know if i can really.

?

You absolutely can do this!  It sounds cliche, but if I can do it, anybody can.  What exactly is it that is giving you a hard time this week?

• Like 1

Welcome to this special place Lee. There is a lot of information about this addiction here for you to read. Education about this addiction is key to quitting and staying quit. As already mentioned, go to the NOPE page and pledge your NOPE daily. It will help keep you focused on not smoking for that day. You will have challenges as we all have had but knowledge and desire will see you through. You also have complete support here from others going through the exact same thing.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

I had a bit of chest infection last week so that sort of helped me out by not wanting a smoke.  Feeling a bit better health wise this week so maybe thats why im thinking about it this week. Keep telling myself i can do this and its the psychological part kicking in. I have no nicotine in my body so dont need it. 

Keep telling myself. I have quit now and do i really want to go back to day 1 starting point. Nah i want to move forward 

• Like 4

Yes!! That is exactly the attitude you need. You can do it. Nicotine is gone from your body now if you quit cold turkey and now it's all about retraining your brain to function normally without smoking. That part is tough because it takes time. There's no shortcuts so you just take things a day at a time. It is tough at first but gets easier and easier as you continue along. As you say, you DON'T want to go back to the start - ever!! You've invested a lot of time and work so build on that and you will make it :)

• Like 3

P is spot on...

I remember how proud I felt ,when I had NO nicotine in my body after 52 years...

All the discomfort you will feel now..if any....is temporary....

You fight the nico monster with knowledge...out smart him...Allen Carr the Easy Way is a great read too..you can read it on line...it has helped many....

Post ,post, join in ...this will help you too..

Don't play the number game though...you will combust....OK ...don't say I didn,t warn you ..lol....

Upwards and onwards ....

• Like 1

Welcome Lee, glad to have you aboard.  What everybody says above is absolutely true.  This can be done.  DO a lot of reading and research on this sight there are many helpful articles.  I have said this once before -- do the NOPE pledge daily on this forum, it may seem hokey but for me it really does work -- it is more of a commitment to yourself.

• Like 1

Do things you don’t relate to smoking. Can’t smoke in the shower, I showered a lot. I also walked, something I did and didn’t smoke. Just keep in mind whatever you’re feeling will pass. It goes away. 

One day at a time. If necessary one hour at a time. If you don’t want to smoke, and you are determined not to smoke, you won’t smoke.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Lee

9 hours ago, Lee1967 said:

Keep telling myself i can do this. 

You can.

9 hours ago, Lee1967 said:

Dont know if i can really.

You can.

6 hours ago, Lee1967 said:

Keep telling myself. I have quit now and do i really want to go back to day 1 starting point. Nah i want to move forward 

Forward is the way.  Proceed.

Congratulations on taking your life back.

Welcome, Lee and congrats on your successful first week.  Keep it going, Lee. Hang on to your precious quit as if your life depended on it, because it does.  Not saying you'd be one of the unfortunate ones who succumb to a deadly smoking related disease but even if you'd be one of the lucky ones who doesn't, your quality of life definitely suffers when you're a smoker.  This is one thing you don't see with any degree of clarity when you're a smoker.  You're addicted, so your mind won't let you go there- to reality, that is. You see everything though the fog of your cigarette smoke and anyone, anything who attempts to mess with that is immediately shut down.  

Allow yourself to continue to see the light, Lee.  You will never be sorry. If you lose your quit, you'll only be sorry. Pretty clear choice; fully yours to make.

best wishes,

PT

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reciprocity said:

How do you know Lee is a guy? Might be a female Lee? That would be funny if you were chasing your own kind from chicks and sticks game :3_grin:

Lee...could you please settle this discussion.... It really does make a difference....trust me !!!! Lol...

• Haha 1

Welcome aboard Lee, my name is Latoya and 2 months ago I was feeling just like you, sometimes I still have days but stick it out its worth it! Our health and wealth depends on it. Everyone here is a blessing. We are all doing this together 

• Like 2