HEY!!!!!

Octain

Mine was a little tough today but I am making it through the day.  It is the dreams man the dreams, so vivid -- In fact I felt guilty yesterday morning since the dream was so real I thought I had broken my quit.  Lots of deep breathing, reading here and researching and sticking to NOPE and realizing the triggers can come from where you least expect. 

Edited by Martian5

Hey Martin, as long as you don’t smoke. 

It’s kind of strange this far in. The cravings are different. But they still pass just like earlier.

It seems I have mild hallucinations. Sometimes I smell cigarettes on me or on my hands and have to think if I smoked or not. 

It’s very odd. 

Edited by Octain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Martian5 said:

Mine was a little tough today but I am making it through the day.  It is the dreams man the dreams, so vivid -- In fact I felt guilty yesterday morning since the dream was so real I thought I had broken my quit.  Lots of deep breathing, reading here and researching and sticking to NOPE and realizing the triggers can come from where you least expect. 

Oh, I hated it when I had those dreams...I would wake up crying because I thought I had lost my quit.

You are doing great M5!

• Like 1

Still waiting for a check from Uncle Sam.

Also looking forward to Feb 15th which is "1/2 off Valentine's day candy sale".

I been having dreams lately about my room mate and I fighting. In waking life we get along just fine. I think cause there is a bit of trouble at work that has been pissing me off.

Smoking dreams - For some reason when i have them, I am not typically smoking but just buying cigarettes by the gross or going around a cigarette factory snagging up a ton of them.

6 hours ago, Octain said:

It’s kind of strange this far in. The cravings are different. But they still pass just like earlier.

It seems I have mild hallucinations. Sometimes I smell cigarettes on me or on my hands and have to think if I smoked or not. 

It’s very odd. 

Yeah like I mentioned, the worst of the battle may be yet to come. it took three months before I started getting hit real hard with cravings.

I know you think I am trying to sound discouraging but it is more of a warning of the battle that may come.

When I think of how it hit me three months in, which I was not expecting, I then think, "What other BS is coming in the way of trying to stay quit?"

• Like 1

It's all temporary.... What ever your feeling right now...will fade away....most folks who arrive on the Lido Deck..are comfortable in thier quits..

Patience Grasshopper...it takes time ....your body has alot of repairing to do....

I bought myself a  Lego model...a airoplane for my grandson...man ..that was hard...but the pleasure I had handing the finished plane to him..success....

Do whatever it takes...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Yeah like I mentioned, the worst of the battle may be yet to come. it took three months before I started getting hit real hard with cravings.

I know you think I am trying to sound discouraging but it is more of a warning of the battle that may come.

When I think of how it hit me three months in, which I was not expecting, I then think, "What other BS is coming in the way of trying to stay quit?"

PFFT!!

I am seriously not worried about it. Nothing can be as bad as the first week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joe said:

Same here..

I like the "Dave" years the most, but a big fan so Sammy also... 

I was a Sammy Hagar fan a long time before I was a David Lee Roth fan. 

Montrose.  Bad Motor Scooter, Rock Candy, Space Station Number Five. ..

But like you, I liked both. Still do.

EVH is Hands-down my favorite guitar player. In my opinion he is the best. 

Edited by Octain

Don't forget folks, we are addicts and as such, you will always be tied mentally to that addiction so it will never be like it didn't ever happen but once you have adjusted every aspect of your lifestyle to functioning as a non-smoker, you will be very comfortable with the whole thing and any thoughts you might have of smoking at that point will be just that; thoughts and memories of a past lifestyle. Personally, I'm glad of the occasional reminders. It reminds me that I am a nicotine addict and I know from everything I have learned here about this addiction that if I have "just 1", I will become a full time smoker again and I've worked too hard to ever want to go back there :)

• Like 3