About Me

WestofWaikiki

Greetings!

To quit cigarettes permanently. I am a 21 year old from Hawaii that has relocated to China permanently.

Cigarettes are cheap here and smokable almost everywhere. Despite these facts, my fiancée hates cigarettes with a burning passion.

She has thus asked that I quit smoking cigarettes, and has urged that I switch over vaping and hookah exclusively. Since I value our relationship more than cigarettes, I am all game.

I promised her that I would be cigarette-free as of December 1st, but I have slipped up a few times since then. 

Whenever my vape runs out juice or the hookah bar is inaccessible, I smoke. Altogether there have been about five incidents like that.

Last night was the most recent one, and that is what has brought me here.

I need new strategies; I need like-minded friends with similiar experiences.

Few more fast facts:

- smoked for seven years (three years heavily)

- come from a family of smokers

- health is not a major reason for quitting 

• Like 1

Hi WoW! Welcome to our family of non smokers.

You are still very young and not smoked for all that long really so although you may not be concerned about health issues now, you are likely to at some future point so, quitting now is the best decision you could make for yourself.

It's great that you want to quit for your girlfriend but, honestly, you need to want to do this for yourself to be successful long term. You're not likely to want to hear what I have to say about vaping but I do believe you need to quit smoking everything if you want to be successful long term.  As you have seen yourself, when vaping isn't available, you will always gravitate back to smoking cigarettes. Quit them all is the best, and frankly, the only way to truly become smoke free. And yes, you can do it just as the rest of us here have done it. Stick around for support from like minded people and read, read, read all the information available here about this addiction. Take the NOPE pledge daily (Not One Puff Ever). These are the keys to quitting

Your freedom awaits if you want to work hard for it :)

• Like 3

Hi W...

Hi and welcome aboard....

We don't support Vaping here...unless it's nicotine free ,and used as a Aid to eventually stop 

There is plenty of info on our main board..pinned in  green squares...

There are plenty of videos too,that will cover all you need to know about being successful in your quit...

We are a friendly bunch ,who will support you ,every step of your journey...

I agree you are so young..and most of us ,who have decades of smoking behind us,would love to be in your place...

Chuck the cigs,chuck the vape...come here..take our daily pledge...

To never put anything in your mouth and set fire or... vape it ever....it works ...

• Like 5

All of us wish we were somewhere in your shoes, WestofWaikiki. I'm pretty sure that any one of us would love to turn back the hands of time to have the opportunity you have right now: To be free of the most ridiculous addiction on the planet. You need a strategy, here it is: Read, Learn and Understand your Addiction and then stop using Nicotine! Any Human Being in their right mind would. Ps: Your Fiancé is one smart cookie:)

• Like 5

Welcome WoW, I completely agree with reciprocity states, going smoke free of all is the way to go.  I know it is tough but is doable and can be done -- just believe in your self, read and research here, and ask us anything -- we are here to support you.  I only wished I had made the decision at the age  you are making yours.  Remember the NOPE pledge and you can do this.

• Like 4

On 2/13/2018 at 2:54 AM, WestofWaikiki said:

Greetings!

To quit cigarettes permanently. I am a 21 year old from Hawaii that has relocated to China permanently.

Cigarettes are cheap here and smokable almost everywhere. Despite these facts, my fiancée hates cigarettes with a burning passion.

She has thus asked that I quit smoking cigarettes, and has urged that I switch over vaping and hookah exclusively. Since I value our relationship more than cigarettes, I am all game.

I promised her that I would be cigarette-free as of December 1st, but I have slipped up a few times since then. 

Whenever my vape runs out juice or the hookah bar is inaccessible, I smoke. Altogether there have been about five incidents like that.

Last night was the most recent one, and that is what has brought me here.

I need new strategies; I need like-minded friends with similiar experiences.

Few more fast facts:

- smoked for seven years (three years heavily)

- come from a family of smokers

- health is not a major reason for quitting 

They say that hindsight is always 20/20, it's true.  If I could go back to my youth of 21 years old, I would never, ever take a drag off of another cigarette or anything else that contained nicotine.  However, at age 21, I had already been smoking off/on for 10 years.  My advice to you is stop putting nicotine into your body right now.  Not tomorrow, not in 15 minutes but this very moment and never, ever administer this drug again.  When you reach my age, you'll look back and be thankful that you found this site and listened to those who traveled the same path before you.

• Like 2

21???? My underwear is 21.  

Sorry but your skull still has a soft spot from birth that won't close for a few more years.   Of course your not quitting for health reasons, puzzy is a much bigger motivation.  But if you want to quit. Have to quit all.  Only way.

Otherwise go grab a bottle of baby oil and remember how nice it WAS to have a girlfriend.

Edited by bakon
  • Haha 1