juanrmartino

Guys im here yes i was driving 4 hours all day from the capital to another city, i smoked 2 i blew it and yes i had a few moments with my girlfriend i saw the pm in my cell phone... i have to set another quit date for the next days.

Sorry im really sorry

Guys im here yes i was driving 4 hours all day from the capital to another city, i smoked 2 i blew it and yes i had a few moments with my girlfriend i saw the pm in my cell phone... i have to set another quit date for the next days.

Sorry im really sorry

Juan, that sucks.  Let me ask you a question and you can't use the word "quit" in your answer.

Why do you smoke?

• Like 1

Hello Juan.....nice to meet you! 

You are very young...I smoked longer than you are alive and I could quit.....and so can you! Think about it! You don't want to smoke as long as I have?   And then you sit there and wonder what price you will have to pay.........

I posted a "Good Morning to Evelyn" and if I would know how to change a title I would change it to "Good Morning Evelyn and Juan".

Quit.....and enjoy your life smoke free! I could do it....that means everybody can!

Juan, that sucks.  Let me ask you a question and you can't use the word "quit" in your answer.

Why do you smoke?

Because im always nervous about something, 

it could be a girl, my dad, college, money, a fight with frineds, beacause im always with that fear like in the allan carr book i just read it talks about. I fear a cant have a peace of mind. Fear and nervous

Thats my answer

Juan!

You are not the first person to miss a tackle on Richie.

When you miss a tackle, you don't then walk off the pitch. You get up and get back in the game.

Heads up. Life gets on your nerves. This will happen whether you smoke or not.

Your addiction will tell you anything to get you to smoke. It will try to sidestep you saying "smoke it will relax you". It will try to sidestep you saying "smoke it will help you think".

These sidesteps are lies.

If I tried to sidestep you, you would watch to see which way I was going to go and BOOM hit me anyway.

This is how you beat the junkie lie sidesteps that your addiction will try.

• Like 2

I smoke to calm down album im always with some kind of problem

Because im always nervous about something, 

it could be a girl, my dad, college, money, a fight with frineds, beacause im always with that fear like in the allan carr book i just read it talks about. I fear a cant have a peace of mind. Fear and nervous

Thats my answer

Thanks for responding and for your honesty.  You're going to beat this addiction because you're honest with yourself.  Now for some truths about smoking...and life.

Smoking elevates your heart rate and floods your body with adrenaline.  Add this on top of the normal stress that you're dealing with and you're stress levels probably triple. 

I have some problem of sorts every single day.  Some days stressed to max.  I'm married with 3 young kids.  Nuff said! lol  You're going to think about smoking, especially when you're stressed but you don't have to smoke and compound your stress.

Stay close to this board and make the pledge each day.  People here are looking out for you.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVEyGdqwjmQ

• Like 2

I don't know all of the background with you that MQ does, but I would love to see you succeed, Juan.  

You are young and attractive.  Smoking is not attractive.  Once you become secure in your quit, you will feel so much stronger both physically and mentally.  I believe you said you were looking for a job (or maybe that was DeltaWings). I believe once you stop smoking, you will have so much more self-confidence and positivity, which will help your job search .

You can do this.  Embrace the suck as The Sarge would say.  Chin up, head held high, a big smile on your face knowing you will beat the nicodemon down.   

• Like 4

Juan....please dont wait to set another date.

Do it now

I blew a quit once......I kept telling myself that I would quit again on Monday, or when I lost 5lbs.....or as soon as I was finished my pack.

That was 11 years ago.

It took 11 years. 

• Like 1

I smoke to calm down album im always with some kind of problem

That's an illusion. Smoking doesn't calm you down, smoking makes you constantly agitated because of the constant withdrawal. If you quit you won't be always stressed, I know for one I am much calmer now than I used to be. And there always will be something stressful in your life, the situation doesn't change just because you puff away.

• Like 2

Hi Juan how are you doing, just remember that the addict will always be there trying to keep you smoking, please don't put it off too long as the longer you leave the quit the harder it will be to come back to it, we are all here to help and support you