So here i am again

Evelyn

Welcome back Evelyn. I was expecting you sooner actually. You were here when I joined a little over 1 year ago and had multiple quit attempts in the first couple of months that I was at this place struggling to free myself of this horrible addiction. So, now I am 1 year quit and am as sure as I can be that I will never smoke again and you are back here looking to start again from the very beginning.

So what is different between you and me? Nothing! We are both nicotine addicts and always will be. I don't know you personally so I can't comment on what is in your head in terms of how you approach quitting and what has happened to you in the past that has seen you be unsuccessful. What I can tell you about me is that I read everything I could here in terms of posts, the pinned stuff on the main page and I watched a lot (not all) of the videos available here on quitting. I also came here a lot, particularly in the beginning months. I posted, I read posts, I played stupid games just to keep my mind occupied and distracted from the constant urges to smoke. Was it easy - no!! It was damned hard at times but I didn't think it would be easy. I put up with all that bullshit that you know very well is coming your way when you quit. I kept telling myself, "this will get easier and better sometime and it will be so worthwhile when it does. You know what? It did and it IS so much better.

So you know the drill probably better that I do.  Put in your time. Pay your dues and just Never Take Another Puff - NOPE!

Oh, and don't worry about anyone else but yourself because that's where all your focus needs to be for quite a long while until you have this thing under control. Focus on the positives that can come with quitting - not the negatives. That too makes a big difference :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nice to meet you Evelyn.

I’ve only been around for a little while. 

Damn I hate nicotine. I’ll admit, I’ve used a lot of drugs but I swear nicotine is the toughest to break.

Tough, not impossible. 

Looking forward to getting to know you better… 

• Like 2

O.M.G...Evelyn... I swear I was thinking about you only a couple of days ago..So sweetheart....you ready now....

To kick nicotines ass once and for all.....I know you can do it...you just have to believe it yourself...

You know I love you girl...

Let's get this done...it's been four years of shall I....can I.....yes you should......yes you can.....like now....

You know the rule...your the nope queen..take it back...

Never put anything in your mouth and light it....come - on .make my day...succeed this time...xxxx...

• Like 2

Hi Evelyn.  This is my third serious quit attempt and what's made the biggest difference for me this time has been taking smoking OFF the table from day one forward. In past attempts, I guess I had it somewhere in the back of my mind that if it got too too bad I would just have one to keep my sanity.  Knowing what I know today, it's easy to see how that strategy was a recipe for failure. Even though I've had some tough times during the past 8 months, overall I've done very well.  I know that if smoking had been even a remote option for me, I would not have made it this far. Mindset has been key for me. 

• Like 4

Hi Evelyn.  Like Octain I am relatively new to this forum and to my quit and I agree with him in that it is tough but it is doable.  Also I completely agree with Peace Train.  You have to take smoking completely off the table and no longer an option of any kind.  There are some tough times but as I found out over the last 5 1/2 weeks is that it can be done with patience, belief in yourself, and coming here for research, help, and to talk with others who know what you are going thru.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back Evelyn.

You don't need anyone to kick your ass.  You don't need any piece of motivational magic.  You don't need superhuman abilities.  You simply have to make a firm commitment to yourself that you refuse to be a slave to the cigarette any longer.  Know that your life is worth a helluva lot more than a nicotine fix and hang on to that with relentless determination.

You already know what you need to do, now it's down to the business of doing it.  Proceed.

• Like 1