I bought a pack :(

Katie

I bought a pack of poison today smoked one, immediately regretted it and sold the rest to a coworker. It was bad to smoke, but it at the very least proved to me that i didn't actually want to smoke. So going forward I will remember that it didn't even feel good and I should just meditate instead or something.

stupid internet keeps double posting me :(

• Like 1

Smoking didn't solve anything.  The cigarette was not enjoyable.  The regret was instant.

The idea of smoking we have as addicts versus the reality of actually smoking are polar opposites.  The addicted mind paints a portrait of the cigarette as a portal to relaxation and clarity.  It's a myth, a lie.  The reality of smoking is the inhalation of poison that provides a very temporary fix.  The mind and body do not relax after smoking.  The relief sought by addicts in smoking "just one" is an illusion that never comes to fruition.

You smoked a cigarette Katie.  It's unfortunate, but there is no way to unring that bell.  Take it as a hard lesson learned and move forward with renewed and unwavering commitment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to learn you relapsed Katie. I agree with what Boo said and yes, you now know that the image in your head of how pleasurable smoking a cigarette will be is just a lie that your addiction wants you to believe. Get right back on the train here and learn from this so you don't repeat it. You CAN do this Katie! You know you must do it.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

Aww noooooo....

Ok....let's do this for real...

You've found out ...losing your precious quit stinks...

So let's make this one count......

Learn by your mistake...and move on.....

Pity you didn't SOS first..this old girl might have helped you through the tough time...and saved your quit.....

That frying pan is hanging there ,for times like this ...

• Like 3

KATIE!!

You can do this.

Somethings that works for me that may work for you.

I can, I just don’t want to. Tell me I “can’t“ do something, well you know..

Do things you did when you smoked but didn’t smoke when you did them. 

Get on YouTube and find Allen Carr’s book.

Take your quit extremely serious, your life depends on it.

You have to find what works for you and use it. 

They do nothing for you. They take your money, your time and your health. 

Stick close to the board. Let people know what you’re feeling.

Not only does it help you, It helps us as well.

Edited by Octain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aww noooooo....

Ok....let's do this for real...

You've found out ...losing your precious quit stinks...

So let's make this one count......

Learn by your mistake...and move on.....

Pity you didn't SOS first..this old girl might have helped you through the tough time...and saved your quit.....

That frying pan is hanging there ,for times like this ...

6 minutes ago, Octain said:

KATIE!!

You can do this.

Somethings that works for me that may work for you.

I can, I just don’t want to. Tell me I “can’t“ do something, well you know..

Do things you did when you smoked but didn’t smoke when you did them. 

Get on YouTube and find Allen Carr’s book.

Take your quit extremely serious, your life depends on it.

You have to find what works for you and use it. 

They do nothing for you. They take your money, your time and your health. 

Stick close to the board. Let people know what you’re feeling.

Not only does it help you, It helps us as well.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Your life depends on this...

Just a reminder...people die with smoking....don't just become a number....your worth more than that !!!!

Hmmmm....I pad malfunction.... Or too much wine  whahaha...only kidding.!!!!

• Like 1

Katie you can do this.  I won't go over the points the others have stated already.  Just remember that we are here for you --- you just have to reach out.  When I get my strong cravings I remember what made me want to quit and how lousy those last few cigarettes were or I come to this site and read from all the past posts--- it helps keep me centered on "NOPE".  We can all do this together.  

• Like 3

You are not the first to relapse.

My first "quit" in years was Oct 2nd and lasted 4 hours. So I got a better plan in place and Oct 6th I quit again, and have not lit up since.

Some might shame you or whatever but here is what i have to say -

When we fail at something, the best thing to do is to re-examine what went wrong so we can come back next time more prepared to fight. Each time we do not succeed, we learn more. learn by our mistakes.

So now is the time to rethink what you could have done different, like what caused you to buy some, and next time you can beat that temptation.

Beating yourself up does no good. Just get back up and jump back in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hey katie...

they are a bit tough on relapsers yes but you didn't like just split did you?

I kind of wonder sometimes when brand new quitters relapse and then suddenly vanish. Seems to happen too often.

So then, how are things holding out?

were you able to re-drop the cigs or still planning a quit strategy?

Five days is actually a lot longer than many quitters make it (four hours is about all usually for quick relapsers) so you know you are able.

On 2018-01-22 at 6:22 PM, Jetblack said:

You are not the first to relapse.

My first "quit" in years was Oct 2nd and lasted 4 hours. So I got a better plan in place and Oct 6th I quit again, and have not lit up since.

Some might shame you or whatever but here is what i have to say -

When we fail at something, the best thing to do is to re-examine what went wrong so we can come back next time more prepared to fight. Each time we do not succeed, we learn more. learn by our mistakes.

So now is the time to rethink what you could have done different, like what caused you to buy some, and next time you can beat that temptation.

Beating yourself up does no good. Just get back up and jump back in.

Like JB has said, I too relapsed Katie...after a 6 month Quit. But believe me you can do this! I too felt SO guilty & that lapse back to smoking didn’t help at all.  Once I realized that,  I got back on the train. Don’t give up...I know how awful you feel...but no one here is judging you...we’re here to help you. So as Doreen suggested use that SOS...plus I find that chewing gum like crazy helps me. You’re going to be okay...?

Edited by Tyme2B
  • Like 2

Thinking of you Katie! Do whatever you can to turn your brain off. It’s tough....I’m where you are too...I keep telling myself if I have no cigarettes I can’t smoke and I chew gum vigorously....it passes in 15 minutes or so...I know you can do this. If I can, anyone can!!! ?

• Like 2