Super Newbie just signed up

Katie

Hi I'm Katie, I just signed up today, and literally quit less than a day ago. I was reading some of the posts on the message board and it really helped me get out of my own head when I was feeling weak, so thanks for that.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Katie.

You've made a great decision for yourself to quit smoking.  The process of quitting will benefit you in many ways and those temporary moments of feeling weak pass rather quickly.  You come out of this process feeling stronger than ever.

Continue consuming the information available here.  Knowledge about your addiction will prove to be one of your greatest assets during your quit.

Congratulations on taking your freedom back.

• Like 1

I'll add my welcome too Katie :) Glad you could join us. As others have said, please do read all you can and watch which ever Joel videos strike your fancy. A strong personal commitment to quit + education about this addiction + support from other quitters who know exactly what you are going through will take you to freedom.

Stay close to the board here in coming days. Post often, even if you just want to unload your thoughts and feelings about your early quit days. We;ll do our best to give you information based on our own experiences. Look forward to getting to know you better :)

• Like 1

Welcome Katie.  Listen to the others and read, research and reach out as needed.  Everyone here is a great help.  They all have been at my side for the last two weeks.  It is not easy but it is not all that hard, just commit and remember 1 hour 1 day at time and remember NOPE -- Not One Puff Ever  (believe it or not that one statement has gotten me through a couple of tough times this last couple of weeks and  this site as well).

• Like 2

Welcome to this wonderful place...

Take a seat and buckle up...this will be the ride of your life...it will take you all the way to freedom...all you need is the desire..to be smoke free...

You have already had some great advise....

Read all you can..knowledge will be your weapon...read all the green pinned posts on the main board...loads of great information...

Watch all Joel's video,s...they cover all the questions and concerns you may have..

You can do it...

Just now, Katie said:

Yes it is, I am a top ten speedrunner of Final Fantasy 10, its my new/old drug. :)

Well I was totally unaware of what Final Fantasy 10 meant but just did a quick search on it to see that it is a role playing video game. The reason I felt the need to look is that you said that you were a top ten speed runner. Through my years of dealing with smokers I didn't encounter many who were top athletes in any sport that required real intense stamina and endurance. Now that you have quit smoking you may find that you might even be able to expand your horizons and be able to do real life activities that when you smoked seemed painful if not impossible. Here are three pages addressing this benefit to quitting:

http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/so-i-cant-run-marathons/

http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/incorporating-exercise-after-quitting/

http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/quitting-may-lead-to-other-self-improvements/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Katie said:

Yes it is, I am a top ten speedrunner of Final Fantasy 10, its my new/old drug. :)

It's been at least ... what ... 15 years since Sarge played. 

And he can *still* hear that music running in the background of his brain. 

EZPZ

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

Not all sports. I think smoking is required if you want to play pool.

Obesity is required if one wants to bowl.

Corporate butt-kissery is needed to play Golf.

Endurance in these though - nah...

I cover this issue in the video on top of this page http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/weight-related-videos/

You can skip right to the 36 minutes and 52 seconds of that video where it starts to cover different activities that may or may not qualify as aerobic exercise.  Although it would hurt to start two minutes before the time frame to get the general guidelines of how to measure if the way a person is doing an activity would be considered at an aerobic level.