This day last week

Octain

Last Saturday( this day last week) was the first time in 37 years that I left my house for work without a pack of cigarettes.  I will never forget that day and feelings I was having.

Oh, the clatter in my lungs is completely gone.

I can actually take deep breath‘s without the urge to cough.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Octain said:

My hands don’t stink. 

Simple, but yet significant to me. I sit and breathe through my hands for several minutes at a time LOL 

Do have that all important pink tongue yet !!!

I remember how great that felt...all the thick white gunk gone...mouth feeling like crap !!!....gone !!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Octain said:

Last Saturday( this day last week) was the first time in 37 years that I left my house for work without a pack of cigarettes.  I will never forget that day and feelings I was having.

Oh, the clatter in my lungs is completely gone.

I can actually take deep breath‘s without the urge to cough.

2 hours ago, Octain said:

My hands don’t stink. 

Simple, but yet significant to me. I sit and breathe through my hands for several minutes at a time LOL 

The benefits of quitting accumulate quickly.  A simple process that rewards you many times over.

Trust the process.  Enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

I love how you are focused on the positives you are realizing after quitting rather than dwelling on the challenges you face in the early quit. Makes the whole process that much easier and more rewarding sooner. Doing GREAT Octain :)

• Like 1

Octain you are doing great.  I too am beginning to breath better (much better in fact) and this is really motivating me on this journey -- lungs not hurting.  Saw my Doctor yesterday and she was ecstatic that I had gone a week.  Also what really surprised me was a smoker had sat a couple of seats away and the smell of smoke was overwhelming to me (the person was not smoking at the time) no wonder some people would avoid me when they could in the past.  Keep pressing forward you have this.

• Like 2

It doesn't take long for our bodies to make great strides in recovery after we quit.

Pretty nice really because even though the lungs may take a while to repair but at least we get to enjoy things like no rattling, mouth not feeling as gross, not smelling like an ash tray, being able to taste and smell,  etc within a few days.

• Like 1

^^^ I agree Octain!

I was never a "social media" person before I quit smoking but I have found being able to communicate with others who KNOW what I'm going through has been an important tool in my own quit. That was totally unexpected to me when I first quit. And I think in most people's experience, family and friends will expect you to be totally over everything within a couple of weeks, which we here all know is not even close to reality. In my mind, that's when your connection to people here becomes even more important because we know you will need periodic direction and support for quite some time, even after the days of strong urges to smoke have largely faded. Stick around - help others and help yourself and you will benefit from it :)