Very odd withdrawal symptoms (help?)

AntoniaSin

Hello all, newbie here.

I gave up smoking 10 days ago (after being a ten-a-day for 12 years) and am really happy that I've finally decided to do this.

I've already noticed little changes - my skin is looking brighter and my breathing is easier.

But there's something that's worrying me.

Over the last few days I have been feeling very foggy and quite dizzy. So tired, I feel as if I could just sleep all day.

The dizziness and light headedness is horrible, I don't have a history of this. It's giving me a little anxiety, which naturally makes it worse!

Has anyone else experienced this? Or is this a doctor's matter?

Thanks guys.

Edited by AntoniaSin
  • Like 2

Hi and welcome..

Congrats on your fabulous 10 days smoke free...

When your in a early quit...you have what folks call brain fog..it soon passes...but any concerns should always be checked out with your doctor...

Some sleep alot  too..I was the opposite couldn't sleep at all....

There is fine of information on the main board ...look for the green pinned threads..

These will cover most concerns ...

We have a daily NOPE thread...this is a great way to start your day..a promise to yourself not to smoke for that day.

Looking forward to getting to know you better..

• Like 2

Welcome AntoniaSin and congrats on being 10 days quit! Best thing you can do for yourself.

As Doreen said, "brain fog" is very common. I know I had it for a good part of my first month quit. Had trouble concentrating on anything for long and yes, I looked forward to climbing into bed every night as soon as I could. I found fighting the early days of my quit exhausting! Maybe try some fruit juice to boost your blood sugar levels. I have heard that is affected when you quit. Keep well hydrated as well by drinking plenty of water.

Look forward to seeing you around the board :)

• Like 2

Welcome and congrats on your awesome life changing decision.  Nicotine is a powerful drug that your body has adjusted to living on.  Now it is gone.. you are healing and your body is adjusting to not having it.  Some pretty fcuked up stuff if you think about it.  So yeah... I had the same fog.  Fight through it...it does not last long.

• Like 2

Congrats on your decision Antonia.  10 days is fantastic! 

Lack of concentration, fogginess, fatigue, restlessness are all very common in the early going.  I remember those feelings lasting a couple of months quite honestly.  It takes your body a while to accept life without constantly pumping 10,000 chemicals into it.  Once your body has made the adjustment to being chemical-free, you'll feel like you're on a whole new level......the way you're actually supposed to feel.  Keep up the good work.  You'll come out the other side a happier, healthier person.

• Like 4

Dizziness is quite a common symptom from what ive learn, you have more oxygen getting into your brain; i myself was dizzy for like the first three months or so. Also, you might feel tired because nicotine, if im not mistaken, is a estimulator. (sorry for bad english)

• Like 3

Oh yeah, the fogginess, fatigue, wanting to sleep, QUITE normal a couple weeks into the Quit.

Though when I went through it, I was enjoying it. Any sort of "natural high" is awesome. It was like being able to coast through some of the early quit days on cruise control.

I think if we were fully alert during all the early days of Quit, we would go nuts.

My advice - enjoy it. I think about the third week is when we snap out of it and the crave says, "Sleep well? Can we smoke now?" Just do NOT light up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1