I quit. That's that.

7 hours ago, Berkshiredrifter said:

Thank you Octain, Jetblack, Recipricocity, Martian, Doreen, Joel, Boo, Latoya, EVERYONE!!! I could not have quit without you all. Your support has meant everything. 

Thank you!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Still an ex smoker. Work schedule has been intense. I live in the capital, right downtown. My job is weird, recipricocity. Its real weird. Occasionally also exciting. 

I have motivated two other friends to quit IRL. 

Its been almost a month. I am not going to lie, I am still getting three to five strong craves a day. I dont mind them. I snack and exercise to cope. My doctor will undoubtedly approve of both the weight gain and the positive shift in attitude. A glimpse of what I get to enjoy as an ex-smoker

• Like 3

Great news B !!!

Don't worry about weight gain...when you have conquered and are comfortable in your quit...then you can worry about the few pounds ,you might gain..

A few pounds won't kill you..smoking will.... I'm sure your doctor will be very proud of you...

The craves get less and weaker as the months go by...

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have never smoked who have alot of weird in thier lives too...lol....keep going !!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Berkshiredrifter said:

Still an ex smoker. Work schedule has been intense. I live in the capital, right downtown. My job is weird, recipricocity. Its real weird. Occasionally also exciting. 

I have motivated two other friends to quit IRL. 

Its been almost a month. I am not going to lie, I am still getting three to five strong craves a day. I dont mind them. I snack and exercise to cope. My doctor will undoubtedly approve of both the weight gain and the positive shift in attitude. A glimpse of what I get to enjoy as an ex-smoker

Great news Berk! Yes, this Saturday Feb 10th you'll be officially 1 Month Quit and that is a really notable milestone. The first month or so is the toughest part. Things do get better and easier as you move forward. It just happens really slowly. Keep up the great work and be sure to check the celebrations page on Feb. 10th :)

• Like 1

Glad to hear it Berk.  Great that you're feeling a bit better and your weight is picking up as it sounds like that was a desirable outcome for you.  Lessened anxiety will help with that. Anxiety and panic can cause underweight issues because appetite can be nonexistent. I know when I was in that place, it felt like my throat was closed, making it very difficult to eat. 

• Like 1