Here I go..

Yippy

Today is my first quit day.  Been reading the forums since yesterday and it is helpful.  I have tried several times in the past and have no excuse to go back this time.  Looking forward to:  Not having to worry about a place or time to secretly have a smoke, feeling better, smelling better and looking better.   NOPE  it is :) . 

• Like 7

Hello and welcome yippy....love the name ,by the way...

Educate yourself...knowledge is how you beat the beast...out smart this addiction...

Join our daily pledge....it's a great way to start the day...with a promise....

You can do it....we are all proof you can...

Buckle up on this train...it will take you all the way to freedom...

Read,read and then read some more...there are some great videos to watch too...that will cover all what you need to know...

Looking forward to getting to know you better....

Let's get this done !!!!

• Like 3

Welcome Yippy. The reasons you mentioned are all great (and there's countless more). As Doreen said.....go to the Daily Nope Pledge and commit to not smoking just for that one day.  It really gives you a sense that you're in this with many other people.  It also gives you a feeling of accountability.....you don't want to let yourself (and your peers) down.

Glad to have you aboard.  You can do this!

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Yippy.  You've done one of the best things any of us can do for ourselves.

3 hours ago, Yippy said:

NOPE  it is :) . 

That's a perfect starting place.  Good call.

Welcome Yippy! You have come to a great place to kick this habit! I’m a Newbie too...11 days smoke free. There’s tons of reading material available here & personal assistance too. And it’s free!!! Good luck! You CAN do this! 

Edited by Tyme2B
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the support.   Couple triggers today..dental appointment and dropped an egg onto the floor.   LOL ..quirky when you think about it.  Anyhow..still hanging in there.  I am also a long time smoker.  Started as a teen ..I am 54 now.  So all I can say is "Yippy!! and its about friggen time I did this!"  Now I hope I can hang onto my sanity..and Im sure my hubby is hoping I can too :D 

Edited by Yippy
  • Like 2

Change the hope...you ARE doing it...your already a non smoker..all you have to do ..is stay a non smoker...and

Even folks who have  never smoked have dropped some eggs in the lives...lol.....look on the bright side..you could have dropped the whole box...!!!!

Your doing great...

• Like 1

Welcome Yippy!

Now, get yourself onto the Daily NOPE Page and pledge your promise to yourself and us every day Not to take One Puff Ever. It really does help focus you each and every day. That's how you win the war. One battle at a time each day at a time. Slowly but surely you find your freedom :)