Helping others see that thoughts for cigarettes do diminish over time

Joel Spitzer

New page set up at WhyQuit.com where former smokers who were cold turkey quitters* can help others now by sharing their experience of how often they think about cigarettes after being off different lengths of time.

Related resources:

Tell a newbie how many seconds a day you want a cigarette 

Will I ever stop thinking of cigarettes?

Quitting smoking: A fate worse than death

Showing others that there is life without smoking

I’ll have to use willpower for the rest of my life not to smoke.

Video explaining why Freedom no longer takes in new members

* The resource page Reading at other quit sites  explains why we are limiting the comments posted on the new page to former smokers who had quit by going cold turkey off of nicotine.

• Thanks 1

Well it's been 1 month since I quit. I have to say I feel a hell of alot better than I did from the beginning. I honestly didn't even  think i would make it this far............. Most of my quits only last a few hours maybe a day.  I still think about them but i will not pick that habit back up. Thanks Joel for the support videos they are saving lives!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Latoya said:

Well it's been 1 month since I quit. I have to say I feel a hell of alot better than I did from the beginning. I honestly didn't even  think i would make it this far............. Most of my quits only last a few hours maybe a day.  I still think about them but i will not pick that habit back up. Thanks Joel for the support videos they are saving lives!

You are welcome Latoya:

Most smokers are afraid of quitting and don't think they are going to make it too far--often discounting their first few days quitting and sometimes even longer as a fluke--fearing that they are eventually and inevitably going to relapse. That fear of relapsing even stop some people from even starting a quit.

The page http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/the-fear-of-relapsing/ addresses this issue and provides a number of other pages that can help former smokers from securing their quits..

As far as for still thinking about them, check out the resources on the page http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/craves-and-thoughts-that-occur-over-time/

Just know that in reality, thinking about them poses no real risk. The resource page http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/actions-speak-louder-than-words-or-thoughts/ addresses this issue.

Your quit will stay strong and secure as long as you simply stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel

• Thanks 1