Our DD..has her 4 years Quit Today !!!

Doreensfree

I thought dd was a computer.  She posted so fast and so often a normal person (she is not normal) would not be able to pee.  She was a relentless cheater and a midnight poster. Never a doubt she would make the quit. Don't remember much complaining out of her oversized mouth.(She is tiny but just like Rachel Ray her chompers are enormous) Got to see her in person this year. Said she would swing by on way home from a kids day at the pool and please ignore my appearance...... Well she is 

Hot stuff. If I wasn't married I would have stuffed her in my pocket and kept her....

Congrats and I hope you get another horse for your reward so I have a reason to stop again.

Edited by bakon
Cuz spell check ssux monkey balz
  • Like 2

Congrats Jen...

you are one that I have never doubted would succeed !  You had your mind made up from day one, and that's the key... You had to beat that into my head, but once I grasped it, I "got it" .. I owe you....

your the best, Jen......way to go!

• Like 2

Hey DD! Congrats on your 4 year quit anniversary. That's an amazing accomplishment :) I wasn't around back when you started but I can tell from your old posts I have read and just from the comments here from the people who were around, you were and still are a solid contributor here and have helped so many while you battled this addiction for yourself. That's something to be really proud of ..... well done!

Be sure to celebrate!!

CpUpMir.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 2

Big Congrats, Jen!  

Home truth - I remember 3 years ago, you were my "I want to be just like her!!" person.  You were celebrating your one year and so happy/positive, you were a perfect example of success for the newcomer to see and you were always ALWAYS so helpful.  You have 4 years, which calls for celebration, but you also helped many others along the way and that too is a big Win.

Enjoy your day not thinking about smoking.  And thank you!

• Like 1

Thank you!

I wish that I was around to offer support more than I am. I do want to say this to newbies and others who are perusing the boards and considering quitting.

Four years ago, I was a 3 pack a day smoker, I was in and out of the hospital. I couldn't walk down a flight steps without being severely winded. I wanted desperately to quit smoking but didn't know where to begin, or how to make it stick (I had many failed attempts under my belt). I started reading a quit smoking board and admired all of the quitters who had months, weeks, and even days under their belts. I happened upon a thread of a member whose wrote so eloquently, only to find out that he had just passed away (the day before) from lung cancer. The members of the board were mourning and genuinely cared about this person who they have never even met. That spoke to me. I created a membership and set my quit date to be January 1st. Well, I had finished the pack that was supposed to last until the new year and decided NOT to go to the store but to start early. I made my first post and that is where my journey began. 

It wasn't easy, there were rough spots, and times I questioned my decision. Every time I thought that I was going to fail I came to the board and leaned on the members, they held me up and supported me. They are the key to this success. People who have been where I was, and who are where I was at the moment. This place is the key to success.  

Fast forward to now --Four years later I lost a hundred pounds, I run races, I am in nursing school, and I have genuine friends here. This one decision has made such a positive impact on my life. I urge that if you are thinking about quitting, do it, take the plunge, it is worth it! The Quit Train has so many members who are here for you and want you to succeed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 1/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, ArmedNAruba said:

I missed this.I log on few and far between. I WILL log on for this girl.

CONGRATS DD!! There's someone else here to say, Way to go....

images__1___1515519717_80221.jpg

Best. Ever!!!!! 

“South westerly shark wind” ?

Thanks! 

• Like 1