New Year's Quitters

NADA

There are many people out there right now who are mulling over whether 2018 is the year they should finally quit.

The question is: Am I going to sabotage my own health by grasping at every excuse under the sun not to quit?  Or, am I going to bite the bullet, do some research, and finally make the choice that I know is right?

Those of us who have ultimately succeeded in beating back this addiction are not special snowflakes.  We’re just like everyone else.  For most of us, quitting smoking was not just a whim that we easily attained in a day or two.  We had to commit ourselves 100%.

But once the decision is made, the recovery process grows a little stronger every day.  There finally comes a point where you’ll feel amazing….like a whole new person.  I encourage you with all of my heart to look deep inside and do what you’ve been telling yourself to do for many years.  You have the ability.  Jump on the train!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Very true! The decision to quit can't be just a passing thought or made on a whim. There is real commitment required and not just for a day or two. It's a process that requires personal commitment and education about this addiction. The support from a like minded group of people is also a great tool so I too would encourage anyone who's thinking about it to take the opportunity with the turning of the calendar to make that commitment to improved health and gain your freedom in 2018. You'll be forever grateful to yourself that you did :)

• Like 2

I was a NYE quitter. I had made the decision days earlier by reading posts, seeing that it was possible, and that I had support. That was almost 4 NYE’s ago... I went from 3 packs daily to cold turkey. It wasn’t a cakewalk at first but I had some fantastic people here at QT to talk me through the rough spots. With each milestone that passed, the easier it became, quitting smoking is possible! Quitting started a chain reaction of healthier choices, I am a different person than I was 4 years ago. Take a seat on the train and let us help to support you. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Devil Doll said:

I was a NYE quitter. I had made the decision days earlier by reading posts, seeing that it was possible, and that I had support. That was almost 4 NYE’s ago... I went from 3 packs daily to cold turkey. It wasn’t a cakewalk at first but I had some fantastic people here at QT to talk me through the rough spots. With each milestone that passed, the easier it became, quitting smoking is possible! Quitting started a chain reaction of healthier choices, I am a different person than I was 4 years ago. Take a seat on the train and let us help to support you. 

Happy 4th anniversary DD! You’re a true inspiration!

• Like 2

Don't ever think it's too late either...I quit after 52 years of smoking..

The feeling of finally being free is amazing..and I am still so grateful every day...don't wait for the nasty illnesses to appear...

The time to quit is now...there are seats free on the train..hop on..

• Like 5

If you have just quit or plan on quitting soon, be sure to watch Joel Spitzer´s video for 2018 New Years Quitters, and then check the resources link for additional support.

JOEL SPITZER - Resources Link

Cristóbal

Edited by Cristóbal
  • Like 2