I smoked again!

Ferdinand

I had a smoke. And then I didn't stop. And now I've smoked a whole pack in two days.

I'm not happy about it. I hate that I did it. I hate that I'm craving cigarettes again. And I hate how disappointed I feel in myself right now.

You've all been very supportive and I feel like I've let all of you down as well. I'm sorry about that too.

I've not had another one in a day now, so that's ok so far I guess!

I went ahead and replied to the pre respond thread. Hoping it'll come in handy if this happens again, but that it doesn't come to that!

Just had to get this off my chest!

Cheers!

• Sad 2

Albert, good for you to jump right back on the train. I’m sorry you’ll have to go through the tough parts of quitting again but that’s the consequence. You can do this, Albert!  You must really want to- you could have just disappeared... but you didn’t.  Now KTQ!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aww sad to read this Albert..but the good news is...you just get rtight back on the train and buckle yourself in...

My advice to you is..stay much closer to the board...post more often...post a NOPE daily...this will help make your quit more solid...

You know you don't want to be a smelly smoker .

Read ,read,read more here...learn by your mistake.... You can do it.....

• Thanks 1

So sorry to hear you relapsed Albert. You got through that hardest 1st month so you know that you have the ability to quit. You just need to learn from this experience and make sure you don't get complacent again after the hardest part is done. Well done on posting a message to yourself in the pre-respond to your own SOS thread. You can also post up an actual SOS message to others while you read your own message. The key here is not what happened this time but what you learn from the experience and to carry that lesson forward into this quit. You CAN do this Albert. Stick around and let us support you in this journey.

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry you have had a puff it’s so hard and it’s like a bit of hell and the hardest think you will ever do get back and go again I no how you can feel this way it’s been the hardest think that I have ever done but you can try again and again good luck and keep on going 

• Thanks 1

Remember to read, read, read everything on this site you can. Look for the pinned threads at the top of the Quit Smoking Discussions page! Watch as many of the Joel videos as you can too. There's an entire library available to you here on a separate page.

Education about this addiction + personal commitment + support from other quitters = success :) It is really very simple  - just never take another puff ..... ever! This may not seem easy to do at first but once you understand and truly believe that smoking does nothing good for you, it becomes much easier. Focus on the positive things that come your way once you quit. There are all kinds of good things that start to happen the moment you stop smoking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1