Getting better?

Latoya

Just want to share that it has been 10 days since I quit. The last 2 days were aggravating I ditched my patch and  my head got heavy and i couldnt focus. Today was alot better?. I still have to constantly tell myself no. 

• Like 2

Good for you Latoya! I know how you are feeling...brain dead & constantly fighting the urges...but I know most people here have gone through this....this is ALL normal & will soon go away! We have that to look forward to ?  Soon would be good! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's great Latoya :) You have come a long way since your decision to quit. Be sure to remember that because you have a lot invested in your quit now! Protect that investment at all costs!!

I remember that first part of my quit where time seemed to almost stand still. It was annoying! As T2B said, brain dead (I called it brain fog - same thing) and seemingly a constant fighting of the urges to smoke. It IS all normal and it DOES get better the further you go into your quit, Unfortunately, it doesn't happen as quickly as we would like but, IT DOES HAPPEN for everyone who stays with NOPE. You will continue to have good days and some not so great days but, you have now developed the tools to fight for your freedom from this addiction. You ARE doing it now big time!

Your Mom is 1 week smoke free tomorrow too! I'm sure you two are supporting each other a lot and we are thrilled that both of you are part of our community. I'll post something up in the celebrations thread for her tomorrow morning because she deserves a little recognition for reaching the 1 week mark. She's doin' great too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Latoya said:

Just want to share that it has been 10 days since I quit. The last 2 days were aggravating I ditched my patch and  my head got heavy and i couldnt focus. Today was alot better?. I still have to constantly tell myself no. 

And that is exactly how you build a successful quit!  Well done!!

• Like 2

That's awesome Latoya!  You are on the road to dodging many of horrible things that can happen to you if you continued smoking.

Time for the obligatory motivational poster.

We title this one; "Kiss me!  I'm a smoker."

000018149231.jpg 

Lol @Sirius

51 minutes ago, Sirius said:

That's awesome Latoya!  You are on the road to dodging many of horrible things that can happen to you if you continued smoking.

Time for the obligatory motivational poster.

We title this one; "Kiss me!  I'm a smoker."

000018149231.jpg 

Lol