I WANT TO QUIT AND KNOW I CAN!

Tyme2B

Okay, if you checked out the video on the second page you will see I kind of recorded that one in a bit of a tongue in cheek fashion.

The page http://whyquit.com/joels-videos/never-take-another-puff/ gives a little more of an elaborate explanation of the concept.

Actually, I am going to include the preface of my free e-book Never Take Another Puff here. It explains my stance on the issue quite clearly.

Preface

Never take another puff. It seems so simple. If you want to quit smoking all you need to do is to never take another puff. There you have it-a roadmap for breaking free from one of the deadliest scourges ever to hit mankind. Nearly five million people a year die from smoking. Many knew the dangers and wanted to quit but didn’t feel as if they knew how to break away from such a complicated and powerful addiction. Truth be known, this is not a complicated addiction and while on the surface it may seem powerful, in truth, it is not. Yes there are lots and lots of people who smoke until it kills them but it is not that they couldn’t quit. It’s that they didn’t have the understanding of what was needed to quit, and more importantly, what they needed to do to stay quit. Again, the answer to both is to never take another puff.

Anyone who goes through the trouble of reading this book is going to see that phrase a lot. While it may sound repetitive to the point of being annoying, it is the one key piece of information that will secure your quit. This series of short articles, exploring different smoking issues, was written over a twenty-two year period. They were not written to be a “how to” manual for quitting, but as follow- up reinforcement to support those who had already quit smoking through clinics I had conducted, to remind them of the importance of remaining vigilant in order to stay free. While they were not intended to be a “how to” manual, when compiled and organized as they are here, they may very well serve as an empowering tool to help you learn how to join the ranks of the millions of successful ex-smokers alive today. The more you read the more you will understand why you smoke and why you should quit. You will also begin to grasp how your life can change by quitting. After spending a few minutes reading any article that touches on some aspect of smoking pertinent to you, you will arrive at a sentence spelling out what you need to do to remain free today. Make it through to the end and you will have all the understanding and tools in place to make a commitment that can preserve your health and likely save your life. You will understand that all you need to do to stay smoke-free is to Never Take Another Puff!

Here is a link to the WhyQuit.com page for anyone wanting to download the book: http://whyquit.com/joel/#book

• Thanks 1

I’m 11 Days Smoke Free today! I’m just waking up every day as a non smoker...period....NOPE! Yes I’m feeling tired & a little down but I’m sleeping & the cravings go away pretty quickly. I’m just very happy to be winning this battle! ?

• Like 3

Each day it does get easier. Need turns to want and then turns to "would like" when it comes to having a cancer stick. You are likely at the "want" stage by now, meaning the crave for a cancer stick is backing off.

Notice also when you get out of bed, the "morning mouth" taste is no where near as bad? I have not even bothered to brush my teeth since quitting smoking, i figure there isn't much need now. OK kidding aside...

the tired and feeling a little down, that doesn't last more than a few days so that will pass real soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tyme2B said:

I’m 11 Days Smoke Free today! I’m just waking up every day as a non smoker...period....NOPE! Yes I’m feeling tired & a little down but I’m sleeping & the cravings go away pretty quickly. I’m just very happy to be winning this battle! ?

Wow !!!!   11 days Tyme...every day makes you a stronger noon smoker....I'm proud of you !!!!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

Notice also when you get out of bed, the "morning mouth" taste is no where near as bad? I have not even bothered to brush my teeth since quitting smoking, i figure there isn't much need now. 

Ha ha ha! Too funny JB! 

Yup I’m at the “would like” Stage now but when I think of freezing my butt off outside & the “would like” goes away pretty quick! Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil crackers help too...hot!  ? ? ? 

Edited by Tyme2B