Need help

Ellen

Wow! Is this for real? You & your Mom are quitting? That's awesome!!

Welcome Ellen and YES ... both of you CAN do this if you commit yourself to never take another puff - not one ... ever!! There are a few of us here that were 50 year plus smokers so I KNOW it can be done. Take back your freedom like we have - it's the greatest thing you will ever do for yourself. There will be challenges but you can get through those. Read, read & read all you can here on the main quit smoking discussion page - at the top the posts with the green pins to the left of them. There is also a library of videos to educate you about this addiction and how to handle quitting.

Great to have you both aboard :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love this...perfect...

I smoked my way through 52 years....Ellen,I carnt begin to describe how wonderful it feels to be finally free....

Everything you Will go through in the next few months..,will be temporary....

Stay close to this wonderful place...we have all been were you are....

Together ..we will set you free...x

• Thanks 1

how wonderful, welcome Ellen this is amazing!  I always wanted my mum to quit but she would never even try, she died this year a horrible death, sorry to be a pooper but this is real life.

what you are doing together with latoya is inspiring and you both look beautiful

• Like 2

We are here for both of you!!  Just make up your mind that there is absolutely nothing  that would justify smoking.  This includes bad days, smart ass friends, spouses, co-workers, or bosses, runnning out of gas or a zombie apocolyse (just a partial list).  Also, if one of you smokes, that is certainly not an excuse for the other to do the same.  You can do this!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I see you posted a picture in your post! Good for you!! The message I sent was how to post a small pic in your profile. Like the little pig photo I have - lol.

Just now, Ellen said:

Thanks everybody   

12 hours ago, tracey said:

how wonderful, welcome Ellen this is amazing!  I always wanted my mum to quit but she would never even try, she died this year a horrible death, sorry to be a pooper but this is real life.

what you are doing together with latoya is inspiring and you both look beautiful

I am sorry for your loss @tracey. Thanks for the support?

Happy you two are still fighting strong. Stick around and read all you can. Participate here everyday too. It really helps keep you focused on your quit. It's not easy in the beginning but you CAN get through it just like we all did. Distract yourself when you feel a craving to smoke, eat as healthy as you can and keep hydrated. All this discomfort and anxiety you feel at the beginning will not last. The more you fight it and win, the weaker it gets until you hardly even think about smoking anymore and wonder why you ever did it.

• Thanks 1