Guess I beat the hell out of it.

JB 883

Some pledge "NOPE" in the morning or when a crave hits.

My saying "Go back to hell and starve some more", talking to those needy nicotine receptors. I delight in their starvation. Weird thing is that it doesn't even translate to ME suffering. Like they are becoming a separate entity.

So a couple days ago I told one of my co-workers that I had been quit for two months. he gave a thumbs up and said, "You got it beat now". He is also a former smoker but dropped the habit umpteen years ago. He was going to have some kind of oral surgery and the doc said, "I need you to not smoke for five days". He said his heart dropped to the floor. But ultimately he figured if he could go five days, then why not the rest of his life without smoking.

Remember how I have mentioned that I wanted to quit on MY terms instead of something stupid where i was forced to quit? yeah.

So last night during my ridiculously long slumber, I had a dream that I wanted to smoke. I was getting ready to go buy some. But at some point in the dream, I thought, "No, I have not smoked for this long, exactly two months, why ruin it?"

For those new in quitting - even as little as two months in, well really even ONE month, the cravings and desire to smoke just are not as strong. yeah you think about it a lot but since the cravings are not screaming (like the first few days) it is easier to rethink the decision instead of at first where it is like "OK I will smoke, just quit pestering me" (talking to nicotine receptors)

AND as a side effect - your sense of smell and taste do come back and things smell and taste different. Not til I quit smoking (and got sick from something unrelated to smoking) did I realize just how disgusting candy and soda really is.

I think the best part is waking up with Folgers in my cup in the morning and my mouth does not taste like I ate a poop sandwich. Second best is going to bed and not having to cough several times so my lungs will quit rattling.

But what about those poor nicotine receptors of us quitters? Even in dreams they are sometimes being deprived! Doesn't anyone feel bad for them? Are we just going to tell them to go back to hell and starve some more? They are wasting away! Someone quick, break out the Sarah Mclachlan songs!

• Like 4