At least SOME good news at the hospital.

JB 883

Monday I got sick out of NOwhere.

Headache, dizzy, nausea, and somehow cellulitis on my left lower leg. I always though that was something you got if you were extremely heavy. I am large but not ginormous.

Anyways about 5:00 this morning I went to the hospital. I mentioned to the nurse I quit smoking 7 weeks ago and asked do my lungs sound normal or...? She said they sound clear. I was real glad to hear that. I didn't know if MY thoughts that my breath is now quiet was just wishful thinking. Guess not. It was nice though to be able to report I gave up smoking.

Got me thinking though - Not just smoking but there are several areas of my life I need to clean up. Funny when we are over 40 how we start thinking of goofy things like "Maybe I need to change my eating habits, drink less. quit smoking, drop toxic friends, get my finances straightened out..."

One miracle at a time I suppose. It has been a rough week. I was planning on working extra each day this week but of course getting sick made that impractical. Turkey day will be Sunday.

If only one good thing comes out of this week, at least I know my quit is progressing. From a newbie quitter to those about to quit or JUST quitting - hang in there. It does get easier and it doesn't take real long to feel benefits.

• Like 1

Yes, I hope you get some "chill time" toward the end of this week. You deserve it having battled the early stages of quitting. You are also correct in just trying to manage one miracle at a time - lol. I can relate to that for sure :) I figured I would tackle the quit smoking thing first because, if I was successful at that ........... I could probably handle most other stuff later :15_yum:  I figured if I can improve my quality of life, maybe I would be more motivated to improve other aspects of my life - we'll see. It's a work in progress!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jetblack said:

If only one good thing comes out of this week, at least I know my quit is progressing. From a newbie quitter to those about to quit or JUST quitting - hang in there. It does get easier and it doesn't take real long to feel benefits.

Feel better soon JB. You’re likely on antibiotics & some relaxation time with that leg. Take time to smell the turkey ? lol! And rest! Sounds like smoke free is already benefiting your lungs! 

• Like 2

Ew damn :(  I'm sorry you ended up at the hospital!  I had cellulitis once and I'm not big at all -- it's basically a nasty infection usually where a wound is.  I'd burned the hell out of my leg with a hand held steamer and then went to the Bahamas... I thought salt water would be helpful so I hopped on in, went snorkeling, floating around.  Evidently that made it worse.  Anyhow -- last night of the cruise my husband was like -- "Look, you're turning pale and sweaty and you need to go to the infirmary."  

I was like -- "Noooo, I've got this.  I can tough it out!"

Gimped on over because he made me get it checked out and it was just bad.  We had to go to the ER directly after getting off the ship -- between the treatment on the cruise ship and the cost of the ER, we spent all of our wedding gift money.  Good times.  THAT is my cellulitis story!  

• Sad 3

This is my 6th year having pulmonary function tests where I have walked in to those tests as a non smoker . I have them yearly due to another illness I have that can cause respiratory problems .   I can tell you no matter the results of the tests it's always better walking in and out knowing I don't smoke anymore . 

Quitting smoking gives us confidence to change other areas in our lives I agree Jet Black .

Once we get the "I can do it bug"  we finally get it . Everything becomes possible because we learn if set our mind to it , it can be done . 

Hope you feel better real soon jet black ...enjoy that turkey dinner Sunday and congratulations on that quit . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jetblack said:

Got me thinking though - Not just smoking but there are several areas of my life I need to clean up. Funny when we are over 40 how we start thinking of goofy things like "Maybe I need to change my eating habits, drink less. quit smoking, drop toxic friends, get my finances straightened out..."

Yep.  Adulthood sneaks up on you when you least expect it.  Gets its claws into most of us at some point.

Glad you're doing better and those boring, sensible decisions do have positive effects.  

Good luck moving forward.

• Like 2

Quitting smoking also had me ...look another aspects of my life...my diet is now much healthier,also I excersise now too...

I guess while i are still under the influence of addiction..none of this stuff mattered..I now feel fitter ,healthier ,than I did 20 years ago...

Even with gallstones.lol...that sluggish has gone...

The beniefts just keep on coming...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1