Back Again

Jules1977

Hi All, I have returned again to try and crack this habit. I had done so well for a few months but lost my way, Was a fool to believe one every now and again would be OK, it stated one at the weekend, then one in the evening, then one in the morning and a couple in the evening, then before I new it, was back to 2-3 packets a day. Last night I said NO. Threw away all my remaining cigarettes, and now have the determination to do this properly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Aww HI Jules...

I did wonder where you went..

Well done for coming back here..and yes sadly learning there is no such thing as  !just one !.....we are addicts...

Soooo....lets get this done...you know you can do it...you just need to stay here this time...

We suggest you stay at least a year...there is a reason for this...it takes a year to make you stronger enough to get off the train..

Commit to NOPE !!!!....

HI Jules :) I'm sorry to hear you didn't stick to your earlier quit commitment but glad you are back here to get it done properly this time. You have learned a lesson that many learn the same way you did. There is just ONE rule in the quitting thing .... Not One Puff Ever! (NOPE). It's really that simple and now you know why. Keep that lesson in mind as you make your way through your quit and you will do just fine!

• Like 1

Welcome back Jules.

I know NOPE seems redundant to some, but it is vital to a successful quit.  The addicted mind left to its own devices will always barter, bargain, manipulate and present the addict with a million-and-one reasons why that one cigarette right now is no big issue.  NOPE puts the kibosh on the incessant noise created by addiction.

It's a simple plan: commit to never smoke again and be relentless and unwavering in that commitment.

22 hours ago, Jules1977 said:

Last night I said NO. Threw away all my remaining cigarettes, and now have the determination to do this properly. 

Good call.  Proceed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1