Ready Set Go

Abby

Ok! I am  ready to go back to the gym . I am  set with a plan and a goal .

It's going to be a challenge but I know I can do it . Does this sound like quitting smoking or what lol . 

I know the tools I used for quitting smoking will also help with my weight loss journey . 

The more I put in to it , the more I get will get out of it . I will be able to breathe better , and feel better. The extra energy is going to be great . 

So now I am ready and set .  Now go . Take action ; take the dive . ...   I  know I will have to push myself to go some days  but my goal is to stick with the plan no matter what... I pledge. .. hmmmmmm another quit tool :) 

Some days the worst enemy is myself, but if I don't give up , I know I can reach my goal.  One day at a time Like the small milestones I had when I quit smoking I plan on small milestones for getting fitter and stronger .

I know getting energy to go may be hard for me at times , as it was yesterday but I also know I come back energized and feeling better than the went . Even if no significant weight loss right away there is a lot to be gained that's good .  

Yes , there sure are tools from quitting smoking one can use and apply to other areas in our lives that need change .  Doing one thing like quitting smoking has been my inspiration in this next journey and  the sky is the limit . I know it will take patience , determination ,and  persistence  but those things will encourage  my confidence .  

Now to be accountable I will just take one day at a time . 

My physical and medical limitations are no barrier . I will do this . 

Anyone else want to join me come along . 

I don't like setting number of pounds lost as goals as that can be discouraging , so my milestones are a bit different maybe from others . For me Its about getting there 5 /7 days this week .  Next week may goal is to swim 3 days , Zumba two days and each week changes . There is always two rest days .

Hope ya all will weigh in on this thread . Give your ideas , share your story . Had quitting smoking given you incentive and drive to stay fitter and healthier exercise wise ? Do you walk more ... take hikes more ... have you started biking . Mines in the garage ... it's my summer goal :) 

Have a good smoke free day everyone .  

• Like 1

"I know I will have to push myself to go somedays but my goal is to stick with the plan no matter what..."

Abby, you're already ahead of the curve.  So many people starting out on a health and fitness regimen ask questions like "how do I stay motivated?"  You don't.  Those who have true success with a fitness plan are those who do it on the days they don't feel like it.  I call those "punch the clock" workouts.  And I've had some of my best workouts on those days when I started out unmotivated and totally devoid of enthusiasm.  Simply beginning the movement leads to momentum and a good wave of momentum can carry you a long way.

Like I say with quitting smoking: trust the process and the process will reward you exponentially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

I encountered some guys like that over in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest one time.  They would go out on the trails and assume different "animal forms."  They were way into chanting and drum circles.  And, I'm assuming, drugs...lots and lots of drugs. 

• Haha 2

Haha ... it's one of those days that my body is saying your too tired . 

I came here and saw your encouraging post Doreen and reread mine and now I say say " ok , I can do it .......maybe not as much as yesterday but I can .  Getting there is the  first step , then One step,at a time there after . 

I can do it , yes I can , and the reward after is the hot tub ! 

Wow this IS like quitting smoking . I know I can do it ! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Boo said:

I encountered some guys like that over in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest one time.  They would go out on the trails and assume different "animal forms."  They were way into chanting and drum circles.  And, I'm assuming, drugs...lots and lots of drugs. 

Now...there's something you don't see every day...next time...take me ...

Animal forms.....well I'm a horney toad...I'll be OK...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Now...there's something you don't see every day...next time...take me ...

Animal forms.....well I'm a horney toad...I'll be OK...

The continuing adventures of Horney Toad and Goat Boy...Stay Tuned!

• Haha 1

Quote source from fit day . 

Did you know ........

"During sleep, a person's weight and the number of hours he/she sleeps determine how many calories are burned. Normally, a person burns about 0.42 calories for every pound in one hour of sleep. For instance, a 150 lb. person burns about 63 calories in one hour. If this person sleeps for eight hours total, he/she burns 504 calories for the whole duration. Just multiply the average rate with every pound of weight and number of hours of sleep. Therefore, the heavier a person is, as well as the longer a person sleeps, the more calories are burned." 

IMG_0220.JPG

• Like 1

Frustrated with this as well . It's a battle fighting chronic illness trying to maintain some form of excersise while battling everything going against you from being able to make even a small amount of headway .  

This  too shall pass ? 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Qi Gong ... Abby....

Check it out on you tube...its so gentle....you can do as much or as little as you want...

Sorry your having to deal with this on a daily basis....

This is great for relaxing the mind too...I swear by it...hope it helps ...xx

Yes!  THAT!!!  Give it a try, Abby.  It may just be the perfect thing.  Qi Gong is the foundation for ALL of Chinese Medicine- acupuncture, herbs, Tai Chi and all the Chinese martial arts.  Gentle movements but very powerful and as Doreen said, do as much or as little as you want.  Any time at all spent on these movements is good.  

• Like 1