And...another vacation is scheduled!

joe

After we booked Marco Island for a January vacation, my sister-in-law called and wanted to know if we wanted to go on a New England/Canada cruise...normally a cruise isn't too high on my list of things to do, EXCEPT if it would be an Alaskan cruise...well, this isn't an Alaskan cruise, but similar in that it will have some awesome scenery and there will be interesting stops along the way...

We leave New York on Sept.  23rd and have stops in Portland Maine, Bar Harbor Maine, Saint Johns, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick and Halifax Nova Scotia.then return back to NY on the 30th. ...we will have an opportunity to do some whale watching...we are thinking of booking something in Halifax..the whale watching tours have great reviews.... It's quite a ways out yet, but Sherrie is super excited!!!

im pretty sure we may have to skip the OBX this year...I haven't completely given up on it, but don't know if Sherie can get that much time off...

Edited by joe

1 hour ago, joe said:

After we booked Marco Island for a January vacation, my sister-in-law called and wanted to know if we wanted to go on a New England/Canada cruise...normally a cruise isn't too high on my list of things to do, EXCEPT if it would be an Alaskan cruise...well, this isn't an Alaskan cruise, but similar in that it will have some awesome scenery and there will be interesting stops along the way...

We leave New York on Sept.  23rd and have stops in Portland Maine, Bar Harbor Maine, Saint Johns, Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick and Halifax Nova Scotia.then return back to NY on the 30th. ...we will have an opportunity to do some whale watching...we are thinking of booking something in Halifax..the whale watching tours have great reviews.... It's quite a ways out yet, but Sherrie is super excited!!!

im pretty sure we may have to skip the OBX this year...I haven't completely given up on it, but don't know if Sherie can get that much time off...

Portland ME is only 45 minutes from me!   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My mother & brother live just outside of Saint John. Market Square is the "activity" area near the port there. The Saint John City Market is there as well and is worth a stroll through to see all the fresh fish & veggies although, in late Sept. not sure how many vendors will still be open as the season is well winding down by then. Be sure to have a Lobster Roll while you're there - amazing :17_heart_eyes: That market is the oldest farmers market in Canada, dating back to 1785. I remember going there often when I was a kid.