Flights and condo are booked....

joe

In the middle of January, we have reserved a condo on Marco Island (Fl.) We will be going with our daughter, son-in-law and new (4 month old) granddaughter. Jodi (daughter)generally stays on the Gulf side when they visit...usually Sanabelle Island, but the last few times they have gone, they have stayed in Marco Island, and love it. We ( me and the wife) have always stayed ocean side, around West Palm Beach-Pompano Beach area,so this will be a new experience for us. Marco island got hit pretty hard with hurricane Isabel, and the place Jodi usually rents is still damaged, so it's not available. I could care less about the condo...I'm sure they are all nice,... I'm there for the sun and sand! :88_raised_hands: ... Unfortunately a week is not very long and I will have to return to the cold and snow of northern Ohio MUCH too soon. 

anyhow...to keep it relevant to the forum.. ( :34_rolling_eyes: ) ... I love spending all the money I do on little vacations instead of cigarettes and Dr. bills...

• Like 1

So Joe -- this is your first Gulf side vacation?  You're going to love it; the water is more clear in the gulf than the Atlantic unless you get way south... into the Keys.  The sand is whiter and softer as well... less waves.  

I think you meant Irma, not Isabel... unless somethings happened during my quit funk and I missed it all together LOL  Most everything is back to normal, pre-Irma condition down here.  It took longer is some areas than for others and here in my part we still have a crap ton of debris that hasn't been cleared because of the trouble the city is having trying to find safe places to dump and burn it... it's evidently costing a fortune.  Who knew..

ANYWAY -- there's a cute local breakfast deli place there that everyone loves.  The name is fitting for this forum as well:  Doreen's Cup of Joe :4_joy:

Have a great time, enjoy our sunshine, plenty to go around :17_heart_eyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm with you, Bakon... 3 of my daughters live in the Columbus area... between 2 and 3 hrs south of me. They want to know when we are going to move down with them . (1daughter and 4 of our granddaughters still live "up here".) I told the ones in C-bus, that if I pack up and move South, the truck isn't going to stop anywhere in Ohio... I will be looking for blue water and sand before the brake lights come on.... they will then have to drive south to visit me. ;)

Edited by joe

And Pinky... thanks for the "Doreen's" tip... I will definitely try it out... and yes, I did mean "Irma".... not sure why Isabel came out of the keyboard. :15_yum: I assume you are from that area... glad to hear that it's mostly cleaned up and no real issues to deal with.

• Haha 1