New and all that.

JB 883

So hello and stuff. I quit smoking Oct 6th.

There were a few reasons - Money was NOT a reason. You see, i am swimming around in cash and have no clue really how to spend it. OK in reality, it was only about $10 a week cause i rolled my own. Well, a machine crammed the tobacco into a tube, all I had to do was smoke them. Stupid tobacco was so weak though it probably wasn't even doing anything. I went from like 30 to 3 a day and just said, "ehh, might as well drop it this Friday".

Plus I figured what if I someday had to quit on rough terms like being in the hospital (for whatever) or flat broke or whatever.

So I dropped in here to offer my valuable wisdom. Who knows, i might even read the rules someday.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome Jet...

So Money is,nt the reason for your quit..?.....you know it wasn't mine either... Being told my two feet were about to  get amputated if I didn't quit..that did it...

Read all you can here...it does help...take the daily pledge...it keeps you on track daily....

We are a fun bunch...join in ...the days pass quicker...

We are here to help you reach your goal...

Congrats for talking your life back...

Welcome Jet...

not many rules, ...just no smoking!

with a couple days under your belt, your knowledge will be an asset to the board. :34_rolling_eyes:

it sounds like you have a handle on this, but I will wish you good luck anyway....who knows.., this quit thing may hold a few surprises for even a seasoned veteran like yourself.

Yeah Joe I have 38 days under my belt :D Haven;t had an overly strong crave. Seems simple enough - do not light up.

I figured like this -

If a couple of my family members can quit their jobs, one of my friends can quit crashing her cars, and my neighbors down the street at the crack house can quit getting arrested, than surely i can quit tobacco.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Jetblack.

Just now, Jetblack said:

Seems simple enough - do not light up.

It really is that simple.  The only "tough" days I had in my quit was when I was still complicating the issue.  Once I realized the simplicity of it all, it was smooth sailing after that.

Congratulations on 38 days.  And congratulations on not complicating the issue.

• Like 1

Hi Jet and welcome to the Quit Train.  Hope the ease with your quit continues.   It sounds like you have a good sense of humor.  That will serve you well in this quitting process.  When you think about it, it's the whole process of smoking is kinda ridiculous especially now that it's prohibited just about everywhere and people have to huddle outside buildings (often a certain number of feet away) to get their fix.  Not sure what kind of climate you live in, Jet but the cold just recently blew in here in NYC.  I'll be glad to be warm inside this winter- hope you will enjoy your freedom too!

Best,

PeaceTrain

• Like 1