Who said: I'm glad I smoked...

PinkyPromise

I was reading around on the message boards and I can't remember where I saw it or who said it... it was something like:

I'm glad that I smoked, because then I got to quit and it's been such a rewarding experience to go through.

I wish I could recall exactly how they'd put it or where I saw it.  Something about embracing the experience of the quit process.

If you know what I'm talking about, can you share a link to that convo?  I wanted to re-read it, I just have no idea where it is anymore.

Sorry, can't help with that. Don't recall reading that post (if it was here on this site?). I personally wish I had never smoked so I wouldn't have had to quit. Quitting wasn't a pleasant experience in particular for me. Nothing to want to experience again, that's for sure. The plus in that is, it keeps me vigilant in not losing the quit I have been able to build to this point - don't want to travel the quit path again thank you very much!!

• Like 1

No Hate - I just wish I had never started then had to quit. I can relate to the "life changing status" of quitting though, absolutely. It is something that is very hard to do and so something to be very proud of having accomplished! No question about that :)

• Like 1

Could never hate you my little stewpot !!!!!!

You didn't smoke as long as Mr Piggy and me...

I too wish I had never took that first puff ,that kept me hooked for 52 years....if someone had said to that 11 hr old..you will still be smoking till your sixty,s...

I'm would probally thought they were nuts !!!!!

Ahhh, Mr. Titwank -- thank you for saying this.  Reciprocity, I completely relate with what you're saying as well!  I just really liked the way it sat with me after I read it.  I mean, we can't press rewind and so here we are.  Quitting is SO challenging and truly not something I want to go through again LOL -- however, since I'm here, I really appreciated that perspective that something positive can be gleaned from the experience (in addition to being smoke free).  I've been thinking about it since I read it.

Thanks for saying that, Tit.  :4_joy: