Fatty McFat Buffet Pants

PinkyPromise

I'm going to need the buffet pants before too long.

Despite the making of fresh fruit smoothies, trying to curb my salty cravings to boiled peanuts instead of chips or FRIED CHICKEN which I could eat all day (ok, let's be honest, I'd be happy with just the fried part) -- there may have been candy.  A lot of candy.  :36_flushed:

Did your cravings change when you quit?  I've always been a salty snack kind of person but have wanted sweets the last few weeks.  How convenient we just had Halloween -- or is it the other way around?  I know the candy is here so I'm wanting it?  :35_thinking: 

All I can say is my jeans were super tight today and as much as I'd love to blame it on "they just came out of the dryer, so they shrunk".... it's the candy.

I think your issue is pretty common. I have always been as skinny as a rail but, after a month or two of quitting I began showing a pretty noticeable pot belly and experiencing a bloated feeling most days. That has gone on for a while but  it recently rectified it's self quite suddenly :63_astonished:

P1I1NUU.gif

I'm joking of course but, my point is that your metabolism will change once you stop smoking and weight gain and/or bloating may become an issue. Like all the other quit symptoms, this too will adjust as your body adjusts to life without smoking. You can speed the process up by adjusting your diet and/or exercise routine.

Edited by reciprocity

Move the big rocks first.

You've quit smoking which is the single most important thing you can do for your health.  Pat yourself on the back, you've accomplished something great for yourself.

If you feel the need to lose weight later on, small changes over time make all the difference.

You're changing your life for the better.  It's an ongoing process with no finish line...time is on your side.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, reciprocity said:

You can speed the process up by adjusting your diet and/or exercise routine.

Let's just be honest and lay it all on the table:  The most exercise I'm going to be getting is hauling laundry up and down the stairs and chasing my 3 year old... I mean he does go pretty fast sometimes and he's heavy to carry around.  So, there's that.  :4_joy:  Oh!  I started doing a small bit of yoga in the mornings.  

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Try dancing to music...its still moving around...but running around after a little one.is a great way to keep your weight down...

I'm should have adopted a toddler for a while......perfect....

Ahhhhh Doreen, I would gladly offer my sweet toddler on loan for a bit :4_joy:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PinkyPromise said:

Let's just be honest and lay it all on the table:  The most exercise I'm going to be getting is hauling laundry up and down the stairs and chasing my 3 year old... I mean he does go pretty fast sometimes and he's heavy to carry around.  So, there's that.  :4_joy:  Oh!  I started doing a small bit of yoga in the mornings.  

That's good.  Falls in line with NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) which is really just a fancy sounding fitness industry term for moving around more.  People typically see more results from being active throughout the day than if they just go to the gym and plug away on a treadmill for an hour.

The only difference between exercise and activity is the label we put on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Boo said:

That's good.  Falls in line with NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) which is really just a fancy sounding fitness industry term for moving around more.  People typically see more results from being active throughout the day than if they just go to the gym and plug away on a treadmill for an hour.

The only difference between exercise and activity is the label we put on it.

This just made my day!  On my way to mosey over to the bus stop... will chase little one home.  My daughter walks like a person, on the sidewalk... but my son is *all animal* still, just all over the place :4_joy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One does not gain weight when quitting smoking. Something else happens that we fail to remember -

As we quit, our sense of smell and taste return. So what happens then is we switch fabric softeners cause we find one we like. This switch causes our jeans to shrink more than normal.

So, let us go with that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sarge lost 36 pounds in the first six months after his quit, later down 64. Now he bounces up and down 25 pounds depending on season (training or off season) but still down huge from pre-quit. 

He attributes it mostly to the Marathon Training Plan he started the week he quit, and the subsequent 6 years of logging anwhere between 0 (off season) and 70 miles (peak - 3 weeks before race) of running  a week. 

Besides the cardio-vascular benefits, and weight loss, running is a great quit tool. It's a 100% effective Crave Squasher. Want a smoke? Hop on a treadmill for 20 minutes at your 5k race pace. You'll be sucking wind so hard you don't want a smoke for at least the next 4 hours. Repeat as necessary.

Maybe you oughta make some more changes, and get into an exercise groove. It only hurts 'til the pain goes away ...

EZPZ

• Thanks 1

Sarge -- the ONLY way you'll see me running is if there's a bear chasing me.  They actually do live in my neighborhood so it COULD happen... but highly doubtful :4_joy:

I wanna go with Jet's suggestion that indeed the jeans shrunk in the dryer.  Also, leggings and pajama pants are a perfectly good daily uniform for a stay at home mom... let's just hope I don't need to leave the house.

Listen to this -- I watch Hulu, they have 6 second commercial breaks.  During the commercial breaks the last few nights I have done crunches -- like, half assed crunches, but still.  I feel I'm making real progress here.  

I'm all for healthy eating.  However, Thanksgiving Day is one-week from today.  If you are ever going to pencil in a cheat day, next Thursday would be a good time for that.

As Mark Rippetoe said onetime while answering an e-mail from someone who was fretting over calories and macros at his family's Thanksgiving dinner: "you're a pain in the ass and your family hates you."

Don't be that guy.

• Haha 1

The problem with jeans is that they do NOT lie about one's waist line. Leggings and stretch pants of any sort will tell you what you want to hear.

Ever notice how in weight loss ads it shows the loser holding up their old jeans, like specifically jeans?

With candy - do not tell ME about candy. I am the one who keeps Nestle and Hershey in business.

Solution for the first few months:

Pajama Jeans

Image result for pajama jeans

I gained a lot in the first few months after quitting, but lost 50+ pounds after that.  Now I weigh less and am able to wash my laundry on my abs. :8_laughing:  Seriously, with better nutrition and exercise (once my quit was a bit more stable), I am now in much better shape.  Inside and out. :)

• Like 1

I have been on an absolute rampage with my food consumption the last month... I mean, LAWD!

I'll get it under control here soon.  I haven't actually hopped on a scale, so I don't know how much weight I have gained, but I can still manage to roll into my jeans if I do some jumping around and stretching and such... and walk funny, and have some muffin top.  :52_fearful: :34_rolling_eyes: Bottom line is they can still at least go on :4_joy:

I don't eat a whole lot at Thanksgiving, truthfully -- I just don't like most traditional food... like turkey or stuffing... and sweet potatoes with marshmallows?? :46_confounded:  Ew sick!