Bad drivers

bakon

Great gifs :) Just goes to show, people everywhere are idiots when they get behind the wheel!

I drive about 3 hours a day on multi-lane highways coming and going from work every day and can't count the number of times I want to push someone off the road who is doing well under the limit in the fast lane :40_rage: It's just "common sense". Well, maybe it's not THAT common?

• Haha 2

I learned to drive at the venerable age of nineteen.  I was in the army stationed overseas.   

My sergeant tossed the dispatch and keys to me and I was sent out to turn-in protective masks in Worms, Germany.

The fact that we were stationed in Giessen just added to the experience(s).

Inner cities, autobahns, it was a surrealistic blur as I learned to drive all manner of vehicles.

I even got a safe driver badge out of it for some umpty-dumpty thousands of miles without an accident.

I don't actually recommend this as a method for learning to drive but it was...immersive.  

The first month I was a very, very bad driver but I got better in a hurry.   

Always drove defensive and never exceeded 205 KPH.  

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 3

Did three years in Bitburg with Army. Learned to drive a stick on a duece and a half there. 

Only hit 220 kph once with a rental Mercedes 190 and six guys in it. Fun drunk times. 

Missile BCC we worked on. Yes I was a rocket scientist.  

FB_IMG_1502945275720.jpg

Edited by bakon
  • Like 3

I have never had an automatic vehicle yet. And they are getting tough to find these days. Last one I bought, the dopey car jockey kid couldn't bring it from the area where they had it to the front doors :35_thinking: Kids these days can't drive standard trans. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

205 KPH in a CUCV (military Chevy Blazer) going down the hill outside Kaiserslautern.

The front end started to "float" so I gently eased off the accelerator and have never, ever contemplated doing anything that stupid ever again.

Hawk. That picture is a BCC but by my time we used PCC.   606 Ord Co. Supported 1/1 out of Spangdolum HQ out of K town. Our cutv trucks could only do 60mph or would blow out deal. Blazers maybe 90? 

FB_IMG_1510191808268.jpg

2 hours ago, bakon said:

Hawk. That picture is a BCC but by my time we used PCC.   606 Ord Co. Supported 1/1 out of Spangdolum HQ out of K town. Our cutv trucks could only do 60mph or would blow out deal. Blazers maybe 90? 

FB_IMG_1510191808268.jpg

Wow... I barely understand a word of this. And he calls himself "Village Idiot."  Hmmmm 

Only picture I have of PCP. Signed for two of these at same time once as a 22 year old Sgt. About 2 million each in 1989 money. Where they fired missile. Some countries still use it. US dumped it in mid 90's and Patriot took over . Computer was octal codes to binary. And had 16k of active memory.  That big box for less info than in the words of this post  and could shoot down a plane 80km away.  But tracing a lost bit. One single bit, like finding a missing comma in a novel. Took days

Tail of a missile in foreground

FB_IMG_1510191769748.jpg

Edited by bakon
  • Haha 1